Patient Comments: Thymoma - Treatment

What was the treatment you, a friend, or family member received for thymoma?

Comment from: Norma E, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 13

I have had my thymus gland removed, due to thymoma. However, my doctor said it was in my best interest to proceed with radiation, just to cover my bases. I have a total of 25 treatments, and will be done in January. My biggest fear is of it returning aggressively. I have been off of work for 2 months, and returning to work at the end of the month. Surgery for me was painful but recovery is going well. I hope I was able help anyone in the same situation as myself.

Comment from: Barbie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 04

I had robotic surgery for thymoma. I had the surgery on Friday at about 3pm. I was out of the hospital Sunday morning. Tuesday, I went out for breakfast, shopping and made a big dinner. Everything went well.

Comment from: Tricia, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 16

I had a benign thymoma tumor when I was 25. It was discovered by accident during a routine exam. I had no symptoms whatsoever. It was removed surgically with no follow up treatment. Recovery was just a few days and I"ve had no trouble since.

Comment from: kingsway, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 29

I am worried because my specialist is leaving me twelve months before I have my next scan because he thinks that my thymoma is benign. The thing is what if it isn't. I have had two chest infections in the last 6 months and had to have antibiotics.

Thymoma - Symptoms Question: What were the signs and symptoms of thymoma experienced by you, a friend, or family member?
Thymoma - Diagnosis Question: Please describe how thymoma was diagnosed.