thyme (Thymus vulgaris and zagis)-oral Index
Influenza (flu) is a respiratory illness caused by a virus. Flu symptoms include fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, headache,...learn more »
In This Article
Flu (Influenza) Article
- Flu (influenza, conventional, and H1N1) facts
- What is influenza?
- What are the causes of the flu?
- What are flu symptoms in adults and in children?
- How is the flu diagnosed?
- What is the key to flu prevention?
- Are there any flu shot or nasal spray vaccine side effects in adults or in children?
- Why should the influenza vaccine be taken every year?
- What are some treatments an individual can do at home for the flu?
- When should a person go to the emergency department for the flu?
- Who should receive the flu vaccine, and who has the highest
risk factors? When should someone get the flu shot?
- What is the prognosis (outlook) and complications for patients who get the flu?
- What is the bird (avian) flu?
- Do antiviral agents protect people from the flu?
- Is it safe to get a flu shot that contains thimerosal?
- Where can I find additional information about the flu?
The lungs are primarily responsible for the exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide between the air we breathe and the blood....learn more »
In This Article
Lung Anatomy Article
- Lung anatomy facts
- What does breathing accomplish?
- What are the lungs?
- What is the structure of the respiratory system?
- How is air moved into and out of the lungs during respiration?
- How does gas exchange occur?
- What are other important events during the breathing cycle?