Patient Comments: Thrush - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with thrush.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 15

My lips started to become chapped red and sore, no matter what I put on them they would still feel the same. I have a white film on my tongue and a dark spot near the back of my tongue. At night while sleeping my lips swell and it wakes me up. Also my mouth becomes very dry at night. I'm going through menopause so I get hot flashes with sweats all through the day and night. I take high blood pressure medication and high cholesterol medication. I have tried the yogurt for a week know, along with other all natural remedies, colon cleanse, drinking clove teas with cinnamon, high doses of Kyo-Dophilus, and Echinacea & Goldenseal, flaxseed oil, with no relief so far. I will be making a doctors appointment to see if he can help.

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 15

For thrush try Betaine HCL low stomach acid might be the problem and HCL will clear it almost immediately. Adults take one 648 mg capsule with a meal that contains protein (meat, eggs, and fish).

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 08

I'm 47 and recently went on double antibiotics to treat an infection in my colon. This caused me to get both a yeast infection and thrush in my mouth. I treated the yeast infection and seem to be fine that way, but I stopped taking the Nystatin (oral swish and swallow my doctor is having me swallow it). Now, three weeks later my tongue and mouth hurt again. I'm taking the medicine and will finish it because I don't want to get it again.

Comment from: 65-74 Female Published: August 08

My sister was put on Cipro for a sinus infection. A couple of days later, her tongue started burning, and she had white spots on it. She went back to the doctor, and the doctor told her she had thrush of the mouth and put her on a mouth wash. Apparently she is still having problems with the burning sensation.

Thrush - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with thrush?