Patient Comments: Thrush - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with thrush.

Published: June 19

My toddler son has now had thrush in his mouth 7 times after the 4 time the doctor took a blood test it came back he was low in iron (which is understandable he has severe reflux) so he thought that was the reason for getting thrush. He since has been on Ferodan 5mls twice daily for the past 3 months only to get thrush back again. Any suggestions would be of great help.

Published: June 05

My 6 week old daughter developed thrush and I didn't know it. I am breast feeding and she spread it to me. I experienced soreness, cracking & bleeding of the breasts. My daughter was treated with a prescribed medicine. I was treated by applying Lotrimin anti fungal cream to my nipple area. Both treatments cleared the problem.

Published: May 29

My 3 year old grandson was fine and then white spots appeared on his tongue. Over the next day they continued to spread on the tongue, uvula, & roof of his mouth. It's only been one day, but he is otherwise happy and active as usual.

Comment from: 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: October 16

My husband developed thrush after throat surgery. He took two different types of antibiotics as part of his treatment. My husband rarely if never takes medication and as a result he developed thrush in his mouth and throat. He was prescribed medication and in about 3 weeks the thrush was gone. For 3 weeks now he has complained of upper back pain and abdominal pain. Today he had blood in his stool and a fever. Is this a symptom that the thrush has spread to his lower intestine or another part of his body? We have an appointment with a gastro doctor tomorrow.

Comment from: mother of two, 0-2 (Patient) Published: October 16

I have a 13 month old child and at first I noticed she had a diaper rash. The next day the rash had spread and she had a small white bump on her tongue. I decided to take her to the doctor. The very next day and all night she had a fever. In the morning I noticed her mouth lesion was bigger and it looked like cottage cheese, the rash looked worse and once at the doctor's office they told me it was thrush.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 15

My lips started to become chapped red and sore, no matter what I put on them they would still feel the same. I have a white film on my tongue and a dark spot near the back of my tongue. At night while sleeping my lips swell and it wakes me up. Also my mouth becomes very dry at night. I'm going through menopause so I get hot flashes with sweats all through the day and night. I take high blood pressure medication and high cholesterol medication. I have tried the yogurt for a week know, along with other all natural remedies, colon cleanse, drinking clove teas with cinnamon, high doses of Kyo-Dophilus, and Echinacea & Goldenseal, flaxseed oil, with no relief so far. I will be making a doctors appointment to see if he can help.

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 15

For thrush try Betaine HCL low stomach acid might be the problem and HCL will clear it almost immediately. Adults take one 648 mg capsule with a meal that contains protein (meat, eggs, and fish).

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 08

I'm 47 and recently went on double antibiotics to treat an infection in my colon. This caused me to get both a yeast infection and thrush in my mouth. I treated the yeast infection and seem to be fine that way, but I stopped taking the Nystatin (oral swish and swallow my doctor is having me swallow it). Now, three weeks later my tongue and mouth hurt again. I'm taking the medicine and will finish it because I don't want to get it again.

Thrush - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with thrush?