Patient Comments: Thrush - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with thrush.

Comment from: Dentist100, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: June 11

BasicBites has been shown to treat thrush very well.

Comment from: margo, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 29

I had thrush for 6 months due to taking antibiotics. It was really getting me down, I had drops and creams, but nothing worked. I read natural yogurt works and after 3 days of using it my thrush is almost clear. It cost me 50p, I can't believe it!

Comment from: Sandy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 14

I have had the thrush forever. I have tried all most everything. Nothing works for me. I think most doctors think you are crazy. I have the book 'Yeast Connection'. It describes yeast infection very well. I have yet to get help with it.

Comment from: Sxyslim, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

I experienced thrush just a few days ago. I was taking antibiotics and inhaler for sinus congestion. I found out I that have the Flu. My mouth started burning like someone was putting fire to the roof of my mouth. It is so sore. I cannot eat or chew food. The doctor put me on nystatin for 5 days. I had top swish and spit 1 teaspoon four times a day. It is a little better, but my gums are still sore. I have to numb my mouth to eat food. Drinking ice cold drinks soothes the burning.

Comment from: Lizzy, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 18

I nursed my husband for about 3 years as he had a terminal illness. The stress of him dying caused me to get Candida, which I did not know what it was at the time. I felt ill and my general practitioner treated my thrush with amoxicillin antibiotics. I have learned this can cause Candida also. After having Nystatin, I have found that probiotic yogurt (plain with no flavors) swished around the mouth and left in for a while without swallowing is a great help and my throat is much easier now. Also, pineapple chunks, no syrup, in natural juice, rubbed and swished around the mouth, helps to move the Candida.

Comment from: Skibz, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 29

I'm an 18-year-old girl with severe systemic lupus. Because of the aggressive course of treatment that has compromised my immune system, I developed a persistent case of thrush. I was put on Nystatin Oral Suspension to hold in my mouth and swallow and that took care of the thrush for about a week, but then it came back. Now it's worse than ever. My entire tongue is covered in white bumps, and my mouth is so sensitive I can no longer eat or drink much of anything. It constantly feels as if I just got finished brushing my teeth with sandpaper and decided to floss with a serrated knife. My doctors are concerned that the thrush may spread to other parts of my body. If you have a bad case of thrush that won't go away, go see your doctor because it could be very dangerous if the infection gets into the rest of your body.

Comment from: fedup, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 09

The doctor diagnosed me with thrush in the mouth. It's been 16 days now and the insides of my cheeks are burning especially when I eat any salt, hot foods, or any hot drinks. Sometimes I get blisters inside my mouth when I eat or drink hot things.

Comment from: grant88, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 28

I get white froth on my tongue, back of the tongue appears raised and irritated. At times I have a throbbing feeling, lips burn, and mouth feels warm/hot. I also have overproduction of saliva because of thrush.

Thrush - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with thrush?