Patient Comments: Thrush - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with thrush?

Comment from: Ashes, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: May 02

The thrush symptoms started with a scalded tongue feeling even though I had not burnt my tongue, lasted over a week, than a sore in corner of mouth and sores on sides. I am a 24 year old female.

Comment from: Ms. C in Cali, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 04

Awoke with a scratchy throat. Starting having problems with swallowing, just thought it was a simple sore throat from sinus drainage in my sleep. Discovered it was my tongue that had sore spots at back while brushing teeth & scraping tongue. I have been on two different antibiotics for almost 14 days to treat a stomach infection. Contacted primary doctor and was diagnosed with thrush as a result of the medicine. 2nd day on Nystatin. This is painful to swallow and my neck and ears hurt. Taking tylenol for the pain. Hope this goes away soon.

Comment from: Minnie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 04

I am a middle age woman who has systemic lupus and sjogrens disease. Having upper respiratory infection, an antibiotic was prescribed and the rheumatologist said it would probably cause a yeast infection. I had a bad yeast infection that he prescribed for the previous visit. I took Fluconazole 100mg both times. After the respiratory infection subsided, I was diagnosed with a bladder infection by an ER physician who prescribed another antibiotic. I also have a yeast infection and am on Fluconazole.

Comment from: Frederique, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 01

I just had a lung surgery, and developed a thrush, best treatment ever, half of peroxide (3%) and half of warm water used as a mouthwash for 1-2 mins, spit it, rinse with water. I did that twice the first day and already the day after half of the thrush is gone, when I was at the hospital they gave me antifungal medication for 2 days, trust me it's useless it didn't work, I believe in the old school remedy.

Comment from: minnyme1980, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 08

My thrush started with a very sore throat. I just thought, "It's that time of year, you're bound to get a cold," but the soreness spread to my tongue and I found it very difficult to eat or drink as my entire mouth felt swollen. I noticed that I was producing more saliva than normal so I did not wait any longer. I went to my GP who diagnosed me with a servere throat infection and explained that because I had this infection, the thrush had also developed. I was prescribed nystantin which I am still taking now. So far, so good, on top of phenoxymethyl penicillin for my throat.

Comment from: Dr.Dementia, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 03

White crop circles on tongue and sides of mouth. Pain swallowing. Felt like throat was obstructed (swollen lymph nodes.)Neck ached. Wanted a home remedy, but doctor prescribed diflucan. Feels improved after one day. I use steroid inhalers rarely, (asthma) but I have an autoimmune illness. This is about the fifth time I have had thrush. Almost seems like an autoimmune reaction to a severe allergic episode experienced just prior to thrush.

Thrush - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with thrush.