Patient Comments: Thrush - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with thrush?

Comment from: Frederique, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 01

I just had a lung surgery, and developed a thrush, best treatment ever, half of peroxide (3%) and half of warm water used as a mouthwash for 1-2 mins, spit it, rinse with water. I did that twice the first day and already the day after half of the thrush is gone, when I was at the hospital they gave me antifungal medication for 2 days, trust me it's useless it didn't work, I believe in the old school remedy.

Comment from: minnyme1980, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 08

My thrush started with a very sore throat. I just thought, "It's that time of year, you're bound to get a cold," but the soreness spread to my tongue and I found it very difficult to eat or drink as my entire mouth felt swollen. I noticed that I was producing more saliva than normal so I did not wait any longer. I went to my GP who diagnosed me with a servere throat infection and explained that because I had this infection, the thrush had also developed. I was prescribed nystantin which I am still taking now. So far, so good, on top of phenoxymethyl penicillin for my throat.

Comment from: Dr.Dementia, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 03

White crop circles on tongue and sides of mouth. Pain swallowing. Felt like throat was obstructed (swollen lymph nodes.)Neck ached. Wanted a home remedy, but doctor prescribed diflucan. Feels improved after one day. I use steroid inhalers rarely, (asthma) but I have an autoimmune illness. This is about the fifth time I have had thrush. Almost seems like an autoimmune reaction to a severe allergic episode experienced just prior to thrush.

Thrush - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with thrush.