Patient Comments: Thrush - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with thrush?

Comment from: msni, Female (Caregiver) Published: March 13

I have had a coated tongue and very bad breath for years because of thrush. I have post nasal drip and severe allergic reactions to just about anything and everything. I take probiotics and vitamins daily. I also eat yogurt and drink kefir daily. But I still seem to have the same symptoms.

Comment from: fmlthrushsucks, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 08

I woke up one day thinking it was a sore throat and it progressed to turning my tongue white then my mouth and now there are sores on the roof of my mouth that are painful. I have never had this before and am trying home remedies hopefully it clears up soon.

Comment from: Carol, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 08

I'm 60 and for a month now I have a burning, sore tongue. I went to the doctor and he told me it was thrush. He prescribed medication and a salve to spread on my tongue at night. It was working well and the minute I'm off the meds, I have the burning tongue.

Comment from: dawnaart, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

I'm a 65 year old female who finished radiation the end of March after having chemo for non-hodkins Lymphoma. After last radiation appt. My doctor asked to look in my mouth. It was crazy. I have dry mouth from everything and now I have a green/black tongue. I've been on Ketoconazole twice and Nystatin 3 times. It's now middle of May and I feel like the fungus is in my throat and esophagus. Talked to pharmacist today and she said it takes a long time to get rid of it. Even though my cancer was behind my right ear lobe and under chin. I have fungus under big toe nails also. It's creepy and devastating. I'm losing weight as eating is awful, either food taste like tin (metallic) or food feels like it sticks in esophagus. Got through Chemo and Radiation with flying colors, so why this. Looking for a cure also.

Comment from: Krystal W, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 07

I have had thrush for 2 years now (continuous). Doctor has given me every antifungal med known and nothing. I have seen my dentist no luck. Seen ear nose and throat doc and infectious disease doc and no luck. Ran all kinds of blood test nothing shows up that would weaken my immune system. I have taken the strongest probiotics I could find and nothing. Doc did a culture and yes it was yeast. I am at my ropes end. Let me say this it is on my tongue (thick white coating) looks like it goes part way down my throat and it feels like I have food stuck in my throat all the time. Tongue burns nonstop and it looks gross. If anyone can help please do.

Comment from: 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 16

I am 26 years old and have had thrush mouth several times over the last few years. The worst it ever got was a few months ago and it seemed to last for weeks. My doc prescribed me nystatin and magic mouthwash for the pain. I just got put on a strong antibiotic and it's back again but this time it feels like it's in my throat and chest also. My tongue really burns and it feels hard to breathe almost like really bad heartburn i keep swishing with the nystatin but it doesn't want to go away. I will be seeing the doc again soon if the symptoms don't get better.

Comment from: Bleck, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: July 14

I'm a 17 year old female and I experienced a real scare a couple nights ago when I found bumps on my tongue and white gunk all over it. I'm sexually active and I was scared it might have been an STD. After long hours of researching I came to find out it was Thrush. Here I was thinking only babies got Thrush. I found out it can occur at any age. I go to the doctor tomorrow to get medicine and treated. It's nothing to freak out about just make sure you go to the doctor so it will not spread to other areas.

Thrush - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with thrush.