Patient Comments: Thrombocytopenia (Low Platelet Count) - Treatment

What kinds of treatment did you receive for thrombocytopenia?

Comment from: Just Nancy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 30

I have had Chronic ITP (immune thrombocytopenic purpura) for 20 years. I got it when I was in my late 40s. I have been through all the treatments, transfusions, IVIG (intravenous immunoglobulin), prednisone, I am now on Promacta 75 Mg. It seems to be working well, I have not had to have any infusions since I have been on it, about a year now. My normal platelet count with Promacta usually stays in the range of 65000 to 100000. The lowest they got was 2000 before I was on the Promacta. My platelet count has always dropped when I get a virus (cold, flu, etc.). Now they only go down to about 36000. No other treatment needed unless they drop to below 10000

Thrombocytopenia - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with Thrombocytopenia.
Thrombocytopenia (Low Platelet Count) - Causes Question: What was the cause of your thrombocytopenia?
Thrombocytopenia (Low Platelet Count) - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms associated with a low platelet count?
Thrombocytopenia (Low Platelet Count) - Diagnosis Question: What tests and exams did you receive that led to a diagnosis of thrombocytopenia?