Patient Comments: Thrombocytopenia - Describe Your Experience

Question:Please describe your experience with Thrombocytopenia.

Comment from: sha, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 13

I have lung cancer and have been taking chemotherapy. I still need chemo but my platelets always are below 100 and the doctor said they have to be 100 or more. He put me on steroids for one week and the platelets improved.

Comment from: Bev, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 26

My family has a history of Thrombocytopenia. Me, my oldest son, and his two children were all born without the ability to make platelets. After the age of two months we seem to be able to produce them, except my grandson. His turned into aplastic anemia and he needed a bone marrow transplant. He is doing fine now, but we have no explanation into why or how this even happened. I have a cousin whose son died as an infant from this condition. If anyone has information I would love to hear it.

Thrombocytopenia (Low Platelet Count) - Causes Question: What was the cause of your thrombocytopenia?
Thrombocytopenia (Low Platelet Count) - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms associated with a low platelet count?
Thrombocytopenia (Low Platelet Count) - Diagnosis Question: What tests and exams did you receive that led to a diagnosis of thrombocytopenia?
Thrombocytopenia (Low Platelet Count) - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment did you receive for thrombocytopenia?