Testosterone Therapy to Treat ED Index
The testicles produce testosterone a hormone responsible for the proper development of male sexual characteristics. Testosterone is also important for maintaining muscle bulk, adequate levels of red blood cells, bone growth, sense of well-being and sexual function. As a man ages, the amount of testosterone in his body gradually declines and the significance of testosterone decline is controversial and poorly understood. The treatment for testosterone deficiency can include intramuscular injections, generally every two or three weeks, testosterone patch worn either on the body or on the scrotum, testosterone gel, mucoadhesive material applied above the teeth twice a day, or oral tablets.
In This Article
Erectile Dysfunction (Impotence) Article
- What is erectile dysfunction?
- How common is erectile dysfunction?
- What is normal penis anatomy?
- How does erection occur?
- How is erection sustained?
- What are some of the risk factors for erectile dysfunction?
- What are the causes of erectile dysfunction?
- How is erectile dysfunction diagnosed?
- What are the treatments for erectile dysfunction?
- What medications are used to treat erectile dysfunction?
- Oral phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitors
- Sildenafil (Viagra)
- Vardenafil (Levitra)
- Tadalafil (Cialis)
- Intracavernosal injections
- Intraurethral suppositories
- How effective is testosterone in treating erectile dysfunction?
- Can low testosterone level be replaced?
- Vacuum devices
- Surgery for erectile dysfunction
- What will the future bring for erectile dysfunction?
- Erectile Dysfunction At A Glance
Sexual health information including birth control, impotence, herpes, sexually transmitted diseases, staying healthy, women's...learn more »
In This Article
Sexual Health Article
- What is the most common cause of sex problems among men and women?
- What is the most common sexual problem in men?
- What is the true definition of erectile dysfunction -- and what are the most
- What causes sexual dysfunction in women?
- What causes pain in the penis?
- Why do some women have painful intercourse?
- What is retrograde ejaculation, and how is it treated?
- Is having an erection for an extended period of time dangerous?
- Which medications commonly cause sex problems for men or women?
- Is it true that sex can actually give some people a headache?