Patient Comments: Testicular Pain - Cause

What was the cause of your testicular pain?

Comment from: Shocked1, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: April 13

I was shocked by a light switch while living in a bad apartment. I told the landlord and he ignored it. The house burnt down a few days later due to electrical problems. Because the landlord didn't report me as a client of his, I received no help getting back on my feet. The Red Cross could not do anything. It took me about 5 years. Well, I finally got a place of my own now! I just moved in a month or two ago, and I just got shocked again. By a standard household light switch. The apartments are in the same area, I wonder if they hired a really bad electrician. I don't know what to do, I hope I don't keel over soon because after the shock I have had a headache, anxiety, ringing ears, and my heart is racing. I wish there was more information online on what to do!

Comment from: Suzy, 13-18 Male (Caregiver) Published: January 05

My son had testicular cancer at age 18 when the pain became excruciating. No doctor, health class, or media had ever told boys to check their testicles monthly. If my son had known, the cancer could have been caught before it spread. This is a serious flaw in our medical system and health education. At the time, the American Cancer Society produced a shower hang tag which described to boys how to check their testicles monthly. No one provided these to the boys; I picked some up at a clinic. Let's not endanger the lives of boys and men through an excess of prudery.

Comment from: dev999999, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: January 21

I'm suffering with pain in testes since 9 years. I had done all sorts of scanning, tests and others, contacted 5 popular doctors, even though they didn't find any problem. When I touch it is too painful.

Comment from: Wynn, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: September 16

I was injured in an auto accident with an extreme straddle injury to my right groin and hip. It's been almost 3 years and I have constant pain in my right testicle. Any activity using my legs results in inflamed testicle and groin pain. This constant pain is driving me crazy.

Comment from: scott k, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 04

For the past five weeks I've had a sciatic (nerve) problem; starting in the glutes (butt) shooting down the side of my right calf to the top of my foot. I am tingling with numbness in entire right leg including the foot. For the last three weeks I've been having shooting pains in my lower abdomen into my scrotum. Everything I've been reading indicates most are having these pains in the left testicle. My pains are all right side related. I was referred to an imaging lab for an ultra sound. I saw my doctor today and they were able to get me in after lunch today. The technician couldn't tell me anything legally, so I'll have to wait and see my doctor for the results of the image. I'll report back with the results when I get them. The only thing that makes the pain bearable is the medications.

Comment from: kafu, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: August 26

My testicle condition is that from birth one is small and the other is of normal size such that the small one pains occasionally especially after having sex with my wife. I have children but I can only have one round of sex with my wife.

Comment from: nara, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: January 02

I had unprotected sex in July this year. After two weeks I got a burning feel in urination. I saw a doctor and she gave me a doxycycline 100mg. I got a bit better but I still have testicle pain, and now I have symptoms like pain in my lower stomach. My Blood reports all are good.

Comment from: miriver, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: November 21

The cause of my testicular pain consists of my left testicle entering into the lower groin cavity above the penis, causing a great deal of pain in that area. After pushing the testicle back down into the scrotum, the pain continues in the cavity area above the penis.

Testicular Pain - Experience Question: Please share your experience with testicular or scrotum pain.
Testicular Pain - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you have with testicular pain?
Testicular Pain - Treatment Question: What treatments did you have for testicular pain, and were they successful?