Patient Comments: Testicular Cancer - Symptoms

What were the symptoms and signs associated with testicular cancer in you or your partner?

Comment from: Sunnygal, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 09

I got my flu shot at the end of November, and roughly two weeks later, an interpreter showed up with a very bad cold. That happened right around finals, and I became very sick a couple of days later. I think I got the flu, because it felt like a severe cold. I was sick off and on since then, and I woke up Wednesday morning feeling like everything I breathed was cold, dry air, and I was hugging the walls. I also had a fever off and on, and I had chest pain. I went to the emergency room that evening, and I got admitted to the hospital to rule out heart problems. Due to my age (60), the doctors wanted to make sure I did not have heart problems. My primary care doctor suspected I had pleurisy because my heart tests had been normal. While she was visiting me, I coughed up blood. I was in the hospital for two days. I did not get antibiotics, because she thinks it is a viral infection.

Comment from: Wynbar, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 06

I had testicular cancer in 1993 and 1999. First time there were no tumors in either testicle. I was told cancer cell had formed in testicle and travelled to abdomen forming tumor. The only symptom was severe stomach pain occasionally. Chemotherapy was successful but I developed tumor in testicle in 1999. Testicle was removed and I had more chemotherapy.

Comment from: Waseem, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: April 20

I have testicular cancer. Yesterday I got the results of blood, ultrasound, CT scan, and biopsy. Doctors are planning to remove the testicle first with surgery and then go for radiation and chemotherapy.

Comment from: David, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 15

I am a 36 year survivor of testicular cancer. I had one removed, and had another lymph node removal surgery. Five months of rough chemotherapy. I ended up sterile, but still could have an erection. Best thing about it, no problems since and I am alive!

Comment from: weed, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: September 16

I think I have testicular cancer, I'm 24, I feel 3 lumps in my testicles, 1 by itself and 2 on the right testicle.

Comment from: mrclean, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 19

I had testicular cancer when I was 26. I had one testicle removed, and I went through chemo had surgery to remove all the dead lymph nodes from my stomach area. I went through chemo and both of my kidneys went bad, so I did dialysis for 6 years and ended up with a kidney transplant.

Testicular Cancer - Treatments Question: What kinds of treatment, surgery, or therapy did you or your partner receive for testicular cancer?