Terbinafine (Lamisil, Lamisil AT) is an antifungal medication prescribed for the treatment of fungal nails, jock itch, and athlete's foot. Side effects, drug interactions, warnings and precautions, and pregnancy safety information should be reviewed prior to using this medication.
Folliculitis is a skin condition that causes small red bumps to form around the hair follicles. Skin bacteria such as...learn more »
In This Article
- Folliculitis facts
- What is folliculitis? What are folliculitis symptoms and signs? What does folliculitis look like?
- Who develops folliculitis?
- What are the causes of folliculitis?
- How is folliculitis diagnosed?
- What else could folliculitis look like?
- What are common types of folliculitis?
- What is hot tub folliculitis or Jacuzzi folliculitis?
- What is razor burn folliculitis?
- What is pseudofolliculitis barbae?
- Is folliculitis curable? Is folliculitis contagious?
- What are possible complications of folliculitis?
- What is the treatment for folliculitis? Are there any home remedies for folliculitis?
- What is the prognosis (outlook) with folliculitis?
- How do I prevent folliculitis?
Jock itch is an itchy red rash that appears in the groin area. The rash may be caused by a bacterial or fungal infection. People...learn more »
In This Article
Jock Itch Article
- Jock itch facts
- What is jock itch? What does jock itch look like?
- What causes jock itch?
- Who gets jock itch?
- What are jock itch symptoms and signs?
- Does jock itch affect the entire body?
- How is jock itch diagnosed?
- Is jock itch curable? Is jock itch contagious?
- What are possible complications of jock itch?
- What is the treatment for jock itch?
- What home remedy can I use for jock itch?
- What holistic jock itch treatments are available?
- How do I treat fungal jock itch?
- How do I treat bacterial jock itch?
- How is itching from jock itch treated?
- What is the best drug for jock itch?
- Why is my groin still discolored?
- What is the prognosis with jock itch?
- When should someone call a doctor about jock itch?
- Is it possible to prevent jock itch?
In This Article
Antibiotic Resistance (Drug Resistance, Antimicrobial Resistance) Article
- Drug resistance facts*
- MRSA and VRE
- What is drug resistance?
- History of antimicrobial drug resistance
- Causes of antimicrobial drug resistance
- Diagnosis of antimicrobial drug resistance
- Treatment of antimicrobial drug resistance
- Prevention of antimicrobial drug resistance
- Antimicrobial resistance: A growing health issue
- Methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
- Vancomycin-resistant enterococci (VRE)
- Microbes increasingly resistant to drugs
Athlete's foot (tinea pedis) is a skin infection caused by the ringworm fungus. Symptoms include itching, burning, cracking,...learn more »
Fungal nails (onychomycosis) may be caused by many species of fungi but the most common is Trichophyton rubrum. Distal subungal...learn more »
The term "ringworm" or "ringworms" refers to fungal infections that are on the surface of the skin. A physical examination of...learn more »