Patient Comments: Tension Headache - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with a tension headache?

Comment from: roxy, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 15

I have severe headaches on the left side of my head. My nape and forehead also aches. Sometimes I have nausea and vomitting. I consulted with a neurologist and he gave me doloneurobion and baclofen.

Comment from: stacey, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 05

Mine usually starts with stiffness and muscles tightening in the back of my neck, then the whole back of my head and behind my ears. It usually bothers my concentration. Stress does not make it any better!

Comment from: Anela, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 02

Sharp pain in the back of my neck, like a knife. Cannot sleep because of the pain. Tenderness on my neck and tightness. Sometimes it hurts to open my mouth, move my neck, turn it. It has been 2 weeks and this tension headache hasn't stopped.

Comment from: mono13, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 19

I have recently been getting strong tension in the back/nape of my neck, spreading up the back of my head and through my shoulders. When I push on the back of my neck, it will crack, which causes brief relief. But my headaches also include blurred vision and/or lack of balance. If I don't sit or lay my head back for a while, I may get an anxiety attack and start shaking. Rest is the best way to get rid of it for me.

Comment from: Moderate1, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: March 24

My tension headaches give me pain behind my eyes, sensitivity to light and sound and pain all over my head. It's usually due to me clenching my teeth.

Comment from: Amy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 28

With my tension headache, I experience tightness and throbbing in the back of my neck, and severe throbbing in the top of my head and forehead. It intensifies upon standing.

Tension Headache - OTC Drugs Question: What type of OTC drugs or other remedies help when you have a tension headaches?
Tension Headache - Experience Question: Please share your experience with tension headaches including triggers, causes, symptoms, and things that help relieve tension headaches for you.
Tension Headache - Alternative Therapies Question: What alternative or home remedies do you use to help the pain from tension headaches?