Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis) Index
Tennis elbow is also known as lateral epicondylitis. Symptoms of tennis elbow include tenderness and dull pain of the outer elbow. Resting, applying cold packs, and taking anti-inflammatory medications are usually effective treatments for tennis elbow.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
- Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- ibuprofen (Advil, Children's Advil/Motrin, Medipren, Motrin, Nuprin, PediaCare Fever, and others)
- naproxen, Anaprox, Naprelan, Naprosyn, Aleve
Elbow pain is most often the result of tendinitis, which can affect the inner or outer elbow. Treatment includes ice, rest, and...learn more »
In This Article
Elbow Pain Article
- Elbow pain facts
- How is the elbow designed, and what is its function?
- What injuries can cause elbow pain, and what are symptoms and signs of the causes of elbow pain?
- What are diseases and conditions that can cause
elbow pain, and how are they treated?
- How is elbow pain diagnosed?
- What are treatments for elbow pain?
- What is the prognosis of elbow pain?
- Can elbow pain be prevented?