Patient Comments: Taste Disorders - Causes

What were the causes of your taste disorders?

Comment from: e98186johnsonusmc, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: February 06

I am a 77 year old male who experienced a loss of taste. It went from a sour taste to little or no taste. After a period of 3 months with no medical treatment, my taste returned. With 3 or more month of experiencing the taste of food, the lack of taste returned! No medication has been added or deleted. Thus far, I have not sought any medical help from doctors.

Comment from: Tizzy, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: May 28

I have no idea why I have a taste disorder. My ENT specialist said it could be an allergy, but could not give me allergy tests because I am allergic to something in the tests themselves. I am 80 years old and can't taste most foods.

Taste Disorders - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with taste disorders.
Taste Disorders - Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your taste disorders?
Taste Disorders - Patient Experience Question: Do you have a taste disorder? Please describe your experience.
Taste Disorders - Treatment Question: What type of treatment did you receive for your taste disorder.