Patient Comments: Takayasu Disease - Treatment

What types of treatment have you received for Takayasu disease?

Comment from: susan, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 08

My treatment for Takayasu was a Dacron graft. As I understand, it was fitted into my aorta, just under my rib cage, and fed down to my kidneys, where it bypassed the disease. Then the arteries to my kidneys, bowels, and spleen were fitted onto the Dacron graft.

Takayasu Disease - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with your Takayasu disease?