Table of Contents
- Symptoms of 12 serious diseases and health problems facts
- 15 Signs and Symptoms of a Heart Attack
- 10 Signs and Symptoms of a Stroke
- 7 Signs and Symptoms of Lung Disease
- 5 Signs and Symptoms of Breast Disease
- 7 Signs and Symptoms of Bladder Problems
- 12 Signs and Symptoms of Mental Illness or Emotional Problems
- 15 Symptoms of Female Reproductive Health Problems
- 9 Signs and Symptoms of Stomach and Digestive Diseases
- 8 Signs and Symptoms of Skin Cancer
- 8 Signs and Symptoms of Muscle or Joint Disease
- 12 Signs and Symptoms of Headache Disorders
- 14 Signs and Symptoms of Eating Disorders and Weight Problems
15 Signs and Symptoms of a Heart Attack
Heart attacks in real life often are not as dramatic as they appear to be in movies. Some early symptoms of a heart attack can happen a month or so before the heart attack.
Before a heart attack, you may experience these symptoms:
- Unusual fatigue/low energy
- Trouble sleeping
- Problems breathing
- Back or abdominal pain
During a heart attack, these symptoms may occur:
- Pain, uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, or feeling of fullness in the center of the chest that lasts more than a few minutes, or goes away and comes back
- Pain or discomfort in other areas of the upper body, including the arms, back, neck, jaw, or stomach
- Shortness of breath, with or without chest discomfort
Other symptoms are:
Women also experience chest pain or discomfort, but also are more likely than men to experience
If you have any of the above symptoms, go to an emergency room right away or call 911. Continue Reading
World Health Organization. Headache disorders. October 2012. 30 September 2015
Valerie L Staradub, MD, FACS. Patient information: Common breast problems (Beyond the Basics). August 2015. 30 September 2015
American Heart Association. Warning Signs of a Heart Attack. 20 October 2012. 30 September 2015
American Heart Association. "Spot a Stroke." Updated Apr 3, 2013.
American Lung Association. "Warning Signs of Lung Disease."
American Psychiatric Association. "Patients & Families."
Bladder & Bowel Foundation. Bladder Conditions and Symptoms.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "Common Reproductive Health Concerns for Women." Updated Apr 24, 2014.
National Association of Anorexia Nervosa & Associated Disorders. "Eating disorder signs and symptoms."
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. Digestive Diseases A-Z. 2015.
National Institutes of Health. "Skin Health and Skin Diseases." Fall 2008.
Mohawk College. Musculoskeletal Disorder (MSD) Signs and Symptoms.
1. Getty Images
2. Getty Images
3. Getty Images
4. Getty Images
8. Getty Images
11. Getty Images
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Heart Health Newsletter