Patient Comments: Swollen Lymph Nodes - Causes

What caused your swollen lymph nodes?

Comment from: Victoriann, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 22

My lymph nodes under my chin has been swollen now for two weeks. The first day I noticed it, I went to get medical attention. The doctor gave me antibiotics and pain medicine. I am still taking the antibiotics, but the lymph node on the left side under my chin is still swollen.

Comment from: deedeva75, 65-74 Female Published: January 14

I just had mine earlier today and the reason for the spinal tap is because I am experiencing vision loss. This is the worst pain I have felt, this was worse than the epidural when I was pregnant. I will follow up with the doctor tomorrow.

Comment from: marko1953, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 13

I have a swollen lymph node in the right side of my neck. This was determined by a CT scan. It is quite painful, I was told that therapy could help with the pain.

Comment from: Lou, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 05

I noticed a small swelling under my jaw. My physician and ENT specialist didn't think it was serious but agreed to do a biopsy. I was diagnosed with cancer of the left tonsil that had spread to the lymph node. I did not have any other symptoms. Never ignore a lump, I am sure glad I didn't.

Comment from: BG1kanobe, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: October 22

I recently had strep throat and developed an enlarged lymph node on the right side of my neck that has not decreased in size over six weeks now. It hurts a little bit when I move my neck around.

Comment from: sherry, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 27

I have sore lymph nodes. If you live or have been to any area that has the dirt and airborne spore that can cause Valley fever, get checked for it. Only a few areas in the US have it and most people who contract it never know. It took me 3 trips to the emergency room in Arizona (where it endemic) to be diagnosed. I have a 1:8 titer and my lymph nodes hurt so badly in the upper body and groin area I have to take opioid pain pills. I am getting treated with a fungicide.

Comment from: Claude, (Patient) Published: August 13

After eating a piece of fruit I noticed that the lymph node on the right side of my jaw had swollen. Over time it went down some. Then eating more fruit it would rise again.

Comment from: Rossi, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 19

I"m a little bit worried about the swollen lymph node that I have on my left side of my neck. Back in November of 2013 I had the flu and I noticed that swollen node around the left side of my neck, so I went to my doctor and she said that it was going to go away soon. After a month and half I went back to see if she could run some other test and she did. First she did an x-ray and she couldn"t see anything so she send me again to do CT scan and after a week I called her for the results and I was really upset because she said the lymph node was around 2 centimeters. But she thinks it is just fat tissue and nothing else to worry, but she said if you still concerned about it you can go to a specialist I can refer you to. But it's been almost 2 months after she told me that and the swollen lymph node still there.

Comment from: Flaggirl, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 13

I have had fibromyalgia for many years and Sjogren's syndrome for a couple of years. Both are autoimmune diseases and fibromyalgia really messes with collagen. Sjogren's identifies the destruction of at least parts of nodes. I suspect the two work together to enhance the destructiveness.

Swollen Lymph Nodes - Diagnosis Question: Please describe your diagnosis of swollen lymph nodes.
Swollen Lymph Nodes - Symptoms Question: In addition to swelling, what were the other symptoms of your swollen lymph nodes?
Swollen Lymph Nodes - Complications Question: What complications did you experience with swollen lymph nodes?