Patient Comments: Swollen Lymph Nodes - Diagnosis

Please describe your diagnosis of swollen lymph nodes.

Comment from: gego9999, Male (Patient) Published: December 31

I felt warmth in the right side of my jaw, and my dentist sent me for CT. The result was as follows: multiple small lymph nodes, less than 0.5 centimeters are appreciated at the submental group, both submandibular regions, superficial to the right parotid gland as well as the deep cervical groups bilaterally. I am so concerned, I am a 41 years old male.

Comment from: Rell, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 08

My lymph nodes became swollen about 3 weeks ago. I didn't pay it any mind because it wasn't painful until one night I couldn't swallow and I had to drink water to get the lump out of my throat. About the third week the pain became unbearable. I couldn't eat and a little bump under my tongue would grow as I ate. With Google you begin to self-diagnose yourself thinking the worst. So I went to urgent care only to find out that I had a bad dental job (root canal) and the infection was under my cap. I began to take antibiotics and by day 3 I could eat again. I have to follow up with my dentist because after all the money I spent, the root canal may have been a waste of money and I still may have to get it redone. Hopefully this eases some tension and you go get yourself cheeked.

Comment from: Marko 1953, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 13

I have a swollen lymph node on the right side of my neck, this was determined by a CT scan. The doctor said that it is not cancerous. It is the size of a small marble, it is quite painful and I was told that therapy could help with the pain.

Comment from: sschepp, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 22

I started out with bronchitis and then was treated for asthma for 8 months. After numerous pulmonary doctor visits and 3 emergency room visits they finally did a CT scan that showed scattered lymph node swellings over my whole body. After removal of a lymph node I was diagnosed with MCD (multicentric Castleman's disease). It is an autoimmune disease that is very rare. They also think that I have Churg-Strauss syndrome which is another rare auto immune disease. We are most likely going to get a lung biopsy to check on the Churg-Strauss. I just finished my 6 dose of Sylvant for the Castleman's and am waiting to see the results.

Comment from: loretta, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 29

About a month ago I had pain and severe night sweating. I felt a lymph node on the side of my neck discovered 3 months ago quite big. I had a mastectomy 41 years ago at the age of 29. One of a twin identical, she also had a mastectomy 4 years after me and died at the age of 38. I saw a doctor and blood tests showed an infection and I was put on antibiotics for a week. I wonder if the node will go away or if I should have a biopsy done. I am just worried.

Comment from: t. russo, Female (Patient) Published: October 26

I got a swollen lymph node 3 days ago, it is badly swollen. I went to the hospital and they gave me 500 mg amoxicillin 3/day. It doesnt work and doctor doesnt seem to care. I got 2 more last night. I feel like I have an infection in my body.

Comment from: S. Ketkar, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: September 22

My wife is a patient of swollen lymph nodes and the submandibular gland. She was operated 6 years back (2009) and her left submandibular gland was removed. She had severe pains at left of neck under the ear and severe pains in ear and head region. Now after 6 years she had the same symptoms but found a hard knot at the same place surrounding the lymph node in the area. CT scan was done and report showed the swelling of nodes covered with the mass accumulated around it. At last she was operated at the same place and two lymph nodes were removed by surgery.

Swollen Lymph Nodes - Causes Question: What caused your swollen lymph nodes?
Swollen Lymph Nodes - Symptoms Question: In addition to swelling, what were the other symptoms of your swollen lymph nodes?
Swollen Lymph Nodes - Complications Question: What complications did you experience with swollen lymph nodes?