Patient Comments: Swollen Lymph Nodes - Diagnosis

Please describe your diagnosis of swollen lymph nodes.

Comment from: pufffed, Published: May 26

I woke up this morning with my neck being double its size. My glands are swollen so much, I look horrible. It starts at my ears and radiates around my neck. I sat in emergency for 3 hours only for the doctor to tell me he doesn't know what is wrong, but probably a bacterial or a viral infection. He gave me antibiotics, just in case.

Comment from: freeme, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 26

I was diagnosed with several lymph nodes in my neck and one on my lung. When my CT scans were done, they were very large, but when I went to my ENT, he could not find or feel the lumps as they showed only on the scans. He said that he does not want to do the biopsy because they were 'melting away'. Should I get another opinion on this matter, or should I wait until the next three months as I was given by him, to see if the lymph nodes would go down on its own? Could this have been the result of Mono? I was told that my blood count showed a high level of Mono.

Comment from: Lisbett, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 19

For over 4 years I have had a swollen lymph node on the right side just below my jaw. I came to the conclusion that what I have is a swollen lymph node because of the explanations in this article. It's round, soft, and can be moveable to the sides. Since I've had it for so long, I'm afraid that it could be something malign. I want to know if the swollen lymph node will be something permanent that I would have? I also read that there's no treatment for it, but I want to know if it would be better to have it checked with a specialist?

Comment from: curious, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 19

My husband has a swollen lymph node in his groin area. It's very tender and approximately 1.5" in length. He's had very little energy lately and digestion problems.

Comment from: Meika, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: May 19

I have a small swollen lump just under my jaw, this is causing me pain and is very tender and is also now travelling into my ear, coupled with this is a general feeling of being unwell, tiredness and weakness. This has all occurred over night.

Comment from: daniel w, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 31

I had a swollen mass in left armpit approximately the size of a pea.

Swollen Lymph Nodes - Causes Question: What caused your swollen lymph nodes?
Swollen Lymph Nodes - Symptoms Question: In addition to swelling, what were the other symptoms of your swollen lymph nodes?
Swollen Lymph Nodes - Complications Question: What complications did you experience with swollen lymph nodes?