Patient Comments: Swollen Lymph Nodes - Diagnosis

Please describe your diagnosis of swollen lymph nodes.

Comment from: Grammi Kathy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 28

I awoke at 5 am with my neck and shoulders hurting really badly. I could not move my right arm away from my body any more than 12 inch. In addition I could not straighten out my right leg. I figured I must have slept wrong. As the day progressed my symptoms grew worse. My entire body hurt and I started running a 101.0 fever. All that happened yesterday. Today my body aches are better, although I still have extreme difficulty raising my right arm and my neck hurts. I now also have what I believe to be a swollen lymph gland located on and around my clavicle, on the left side of my body. It is very painful, any movement causes it to hurt. I have been having problems with several of my teeth (molars on the left side) and several days before all this started I had a terrible tooth ache. Living in a rural area it makes it difficult to get right in to a doctor. I do have several teeth that need to be pulled, but the dentist said let's hold off until we decided whether to have implants placed.

Comment from: misudad11, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 19

I have had swollen lymph nodes in my left side armpit for over a year. Now I have them under the right armpit and they itch a lot. Today I was in the emergency room and I have swollen lymph nodes on the back of my neck which are causing muscle pain in my shoulders.

Comment from: Mary d., 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 03

I have been fighting an infection, sinus, and pneumonia for 3 months. It started with the flu. Now my lymph nodes by my lungs are enlarged. Two doctors said it is because of infection, one is trying to get me to have more tests and see a pulmonary doctor. I do not believe in seeing all these doctors or have these tests.

Comment from: pnut, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 03

I think bacteria has caused my swollen nymph nodes. There are white smelly chunks in the sides of my throat. Sometimes when I swallow it feels like there's something stuck in my throat, that's what made me examine it. I push on it and the white stuff squeezes out, and sometimes it can be a bit painful.

Comment from: Diane, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 23

In May my doctor noticed that lymph nodes in my neck where enlarged. I went back for checkup in November when I was getting over a cold. The doctor said my lymph nodes where still enlarged. He ordered ultra sound which came back with two large lymph nodes on right side of neck and one on left side of neck. The doctor referred me to ENT doctor who wants to do an endoscopy. I wonder why the doctor wouldn't order to have a biopsy instead. The enlarged lymph nodes are in my neck, not my throat.

Comment from: deepurple, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 23

I have had swollen lymph nodes under left arm, left neck and collarbone for 4 months. Surgeon removed the ones under the left arm and they were benign. I continue to be sick with flu like symptoms all the time. I have fever, sore throat, cough, achiness all over and extreme fatigue. Doctor gave me steroid pills for a week and it was the best 7 days of my 61 years. I had no pain, no swelling, no cough, no sore throat, and most of all, more energy than I have had in 45 years. He couldn't give me more than one week of them due to side effects, I guess. I am heading to see rheumatologist next month. I think this all started with a chronic pain for 2 years somewhere under my left shoulder blade.

Comment from: amythest61, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 05

I have a swollen hard knot right above my collar bone at the base of my neck on the left side. Not especially sore when palpitated. It has been there for about a week. I have a cough with sticky mucus. My lungs are clear. Seems to originate around my vocal cords.

Swollen Lymph Nodes - Causes Question: What caused your swollen lymph nodes?
Swollen Lymph Nodes - Symptoms Question: In addition to swelling, what were the other symptoms of your swollen lymph nodes?
Swollen Lymph Nodes - Complications Question: What complications did you experience with swollen lymph nodes?