Patient Comments: Swollen Lymph Nodes - Diagnosis

Please describe your diagnosis of swollen lymph nodes.

Comment from: ashleigh, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 29

After eating certain foods, my lymph nodes on one side of my throat just below the ear swells. It goes down with massage and or lots of water. I experience mostly discomfort and it is strange looking.

Comment from: ses18634, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 29

I recently had a mammogram and it came back normal. I just started having pain under my left armpit mostly on the side. Is this something to be concerned about? I did a self breast check and cannot feel any lumps. I am also going through menopause.

Comment from: monique, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: June 24

My daughter has a lump on the right side of her neck above the collarbone towards the back of her neck. This has grown in the last two months. She has lack of energy, sometimes gets cold and sometimes hot, but not relating to fever. It is not painful unless she lies on it or disturbs it by rubbing it. The sonar showed swollen lymph node and x-rays were clean. A new small lump has now developed on the opposite side. The doctor has diagnosed inflammation however this should not continue for 2 months or even grow.

Comment from: vardhan, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: June 24

I have a swollen mass under the left armpit that seems like a swollen auxiliary lymph node after going through your website. It seems to be infected and resulting in abscess. I consulted a doctor and am on antibiotics right now.

Comment from: morg1958, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: June 24

I have had numerous swollen, tender and red lymph nodes under my right arm for weeks now. They are starting to go down and now I have the same thing starting under the left arm!

Comment from: Gwen, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 24

I have a persisting swelling of the lymph node under my left jaw. This has been bothering me for about 5 months. Just recently, I had bilateral mastectomies due to breast cancer. The left breast showed a non-invasive ductile carcinoma, while the right had invasive ductile carcinomas. My left side after mastectomies is bothering me a great deal in pain and swelling. Could the cancer (although it was NOT in my sentinel lymph nodes) be a cause of this lymph node swelling and tenderness under my jaw?

Comment from: a curious friend, 13-18 Male (Caregiver) Published: June 17

I know a guy who said that he woke up with a huge bump on the side of his neck, right behind his ear. He said he was curious and worried about it, so he went to the doctor. The doctor gave him a prescription and said to come back if it didn't work. I was just wondering what the cause of this might be and what would happen if it did get worse and the prescription didn't work?

Comment from: melanie, Published: June 08

My 81 year old mother had a CT ABD/pelvis and the only thing found was a "swollen lymph node next to the aorta.” They are watching it for 3 months and going to reevaluate at that time.

Comment from: DARLEAN81, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 29

I really need help I have been sick for over a year now off and on. The first time I went to the doctor with the swollen glands, sore throat, very fatigued, off and on fever, can't eat, body just hurts. They did a flu and mono, and nothing they said it was nothing. Now all this keeps coming back and each time it is worse, stays with me longer, and takes more out of me. This time right now it has stayed with me for two weeks. They said my liver count is high but then they said that's because am 50 lbs over weight. The liver count has been the same for a few years. Just got over having C Diff. I am so tired of the medical field I feel that some one needs to look at the whole picture. I don't know who or where to go from here I am so tired of this.

Swollen Lymph Nodes - Causes Question: What caused your swollen lymph nodes?
Swollen Lymph Nodes - Symptoms Question: In addition to swelling, what were the other symptoms of your swollen lymph nodes?
Swollen Lymph Nodes - Complications Question: What complications did you experience with swollen lymph nodes?