Patient Comments: Swollen Lymph Nodes - Diagnosis

Please describe your diagnosis of swollen lymph nodes.

Comment from: deepurple, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 23

I have had swollen lymph nodes under left arm, left neck and collarbone for 4 months. Surgeon removed the ones under the left arm and they were benign. I continue to be sick with flu like symptoms all the time. I have fever, sore throat, cough, achiness all over and extreme fatigue. Doctor gave me steroid pills for a week and it was the best 7 days of my 61 years. I had no pain, no swelling, no cough, no sore throat, and most of all, more energy than I have had in 45 years. He couldn't give me more than one week of them due to side effects, I guess. I am heading to see rheumatologist next month. I think this all started with a chronic pain for 2 years somewhere under my left shoulder blade.

Comment from: amythest61, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 05

I have a swollen hard knot right above my collar bone at the base of my neck on the left side. Not especially sore when palpitated. It has been there for about a week. I have a cough with sticky mucus. My lungs are clear. Seems to originate around my vocal cords.

Comment from: Marie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 18

I have two small hard lumps in the left groin. I had groin pain about three weeks ago and my doctor prescribed antibiotics for a slight bladder infection.

Comment from: Carrie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 13

Yesterday morning I noticed a lump under my left armpit. It feels tender to the touch. Day 2 it feels more swollen and my inner elbow now feels tender to the touch and slightly swollen.

Comment from: truthtold, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 11

My glands have been swollen since August. I thought it was just allergies and as time went on the season changed so I thought it was a sore throat. But my throat does not hurt. My glands are swollen and it constantly feels like someone is choking me, not to mention it is now starting to hurt.

Comment from: lucile, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 20

I entered the hospital with upper right pain, I thought it was my gall-bladder. After having a sonogram, CT with contrast, MRI, and then a scope, I was told it wasn't my gall-bladder. Doctor said I have an enlarged lymph node. They were going to do a biopsy but said that the location of node was too close to arteries and were afraid I might bleed.

Comment from: mikeg, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 06

I had a severe cut to my finger which required removal of glass and stitches. Several days later I noticed the lymph nodes around my groin area became swollen. I have had fever and some night sweats. Other than being sore I go about my daily life. About 5pm. I will feel feverish. I take some Tylenol and then I seem to be ok. I was diagnosed with CLL a few months go, but white blood count has gone down. I went to my hematologist and he was puzzled. No sore throat or sign of lymph node activity anywhere else. He wants to wait another week of so and just see if the inflammation will go way.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 24

Hello I have had swollen lymph nodes (in my neck) since I had a really bad sore throat and cold in April. It is mid June, and my lymph nodes are still swollen, they constantly ache and cause pain in my teeth. Sometimes they hurt more if I am tired, and less after sleep. It would be a great help if you could give me any ideas of what the problem is, and what I need to do to take care of it. Thank you so much for your help!

Swollen Lymph Nodes - Causes Question: What caused your swollen lymph nodes?
Swollen Lymph Nodes - Symptoms Question: In addition to swelling, what were the other symptoms of your swollen lymph nodes?
Swollen Lymph Nodes - Complications Question: What complications did you experience with swollen lymph nodes?