Patient Comments: Swollen Lymph Nodes - Diagnosis

Please describe your diagnosis of swollen lymph nodes.

Comment from: gigi, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 29

I had/have swollen lymph nodes in my neck both sides to the armpit, it affected my hearing as well. I could not walk 10 feet without feeling like I ran 20 miles. I told my dad and he said it sounds like the mumps. I felt like it was meningitis and the mumps. I went to the emergency room and the doctor after a two minute exam said cat scratch fever. So now after months all this had started with parasites.

Comment from: ct10, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 16

I had a severe earache which caused swelling inside the ear and the lymph nodes around the ear also swelled making me look like I had the mumps. After 5 days the lymph nodes around my neck also started swelling and moved to the right side causing that ear to also swell inside and out. My forehead looked as if I had a severe sunburn and is now actually peeling as if I did burn. My doctor did a blood test that showed I had rheumatoid arthritis. The only thing she zeroed in on was the rash on my forehead, I wonder how this rash helped her reach this conclusion.

Comment from: Amna, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 16

I've noticed that I had a swollen lymph node on the right side of my neck about two weeks ago, my overall health is ok, I exercise every day and I eat healthy food. I've had exams last month and I was extremely stressed during that period. I wonder if it is possible that this has occurred due to stress or if there is a chance for another reason.

Comment from: S. Ketkar, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: September 22

My wife is a patient of swollen lymph nodes and the submandibular gland. She was operated 6 years back (2009) and her left submandibular gland was removed. She had severe pains at left of neck under the ear and severe pains in ear and head region. Now after 6 years she had the same symptoms but found a hard knot at the same place surrounding the lymph node in the area. CT scan was done and report showed the swelling of nodes covered with the mass accumulated around it. At last she was operated at the same place and two lymph nodes were removed by surgery.

Comment from: Janine, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 08

I showered around 7 pm on Thursday the 3rd of September and noticed a swelling under my right armpit. It hurts if I press on it, and it is like a nagging pain all the way into my breast. I'm kind of worried because I have been itching in both of my arms and only up in the forearm area. I don't have any cuts or bad bruising. I am very concerned. Cancer is in my family on both sides, my mother's and my dad's.

Comment from: Grammi Kathy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 28

I awoke at 5 am with my neck and shoulders hurting really badly. I could not move my right arm away from my body any more than 12 inch. In addition I could not straighten out my right leg. I figured I must have slept wrong. As the day progressed my symptoms grew worse. My entire body hurt and I started running a 101.0 fever. All that happened yesterday. Today my body aches are better, although I still have extreme difficulty raising my right arm and my neck hurts. I now also have what I believe to be a swollen lymph gland located on and around my clavicle, on the left side of my body. It is very painful, any movement causes it to hurt. I have been having problems with several of my teeth (molars on the left side) and several days before all this started I had a terrible tooth ache. Living in a rural area it makes it difficult to get right in to a doctor. I do have several teeth that need to be pulled, but the dentist said let's hold off until we decided whether to have implants placed.

Comment from: misudad11, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 19

I have had swollen lymph nodes in my left side armpit for over a year. Now I have them under the right armpit and they itch a lot. Today I was in the emergency room and I have swollen lymph nodes on the back of my neck which are causing muscle pain in my shoulders.

Swollen Lymph Nodes - Causes Question: What caused your swollen lymph nodes?
Swollen Lymph Nodes - Symptoms Question: In addition to swelling, what were the other symptoms of your swollen lymph nodes?
Swollen Lymph Nodes - Complications Question: What complications did you experience with swollen lymph nodes?