Patient Comments: Swollen Lymph Nodes - Diagnosis

Please describe your diagnosis of swollen lymph nodes.

Comment from: ct10, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 16

I had a severe earache which caused swelling inside the ear and the lymph nodes around the ear also swelled making me look like I had the mumps. After 5 days the lymph nodes around my neck also started swelling and moved to the right side causing that ear to also swell inside and out. My forehead looked as if I had a severe sunburn and is now actually peeling as if I did burn. My doctor did a blood test that showed I had rheumatoid arthritis. The only thing she zeroed in on was the rash on my forehead, I wonder how this rash helped her reach this conclusion.

Comment from: misudad11, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 19

I have had swollen lymph nodes in my left side armpit for over a year. Now I have them under the right armpit and they itch a lot. Today I was in the emergency room and I have swollen lymph nodes on the back of my neck which are causing muscle pain in my shoulders.

Comment from: Mary d., 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 03

I have been fighting an infection, sinus, and pneumonia for 3 months. It started with the flu. Now my lymph nodes by my lungs are enlarged. Two doctors said it is because of infection, one is trying to get me to have more tests and see a pulmonary doctor. I do not believe in seeing all these doctors or have these tests.

Comment from: pnut, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 03

I think bacteria has caused my swollen nymph nodes. There are white smelly chunks in the sides of my throat. Sometimes when I swallow it feels like there's something stuck in my throat, that's what made me examine it. I push on it and the white stuff squeezes out, and sometimes it can be a bit painful.

Comment from: Diane, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 23

In May my doctor noticed that lymph nodes in my neck where enlarged. I went back for checkup in November when I was getting over a cold. The doctor said my lymph nodes where still enlarged. He ordered ultra sound which came back with two large lymph nodes on right side of neck and one on left side of neck. The doctor referred me to ENT doctor who wants to do an endoscopy. I wonder why the doctor wouldn't order to have a biopsy instead. The enlarged lymph nodes are in my neck, not my throat.

Comment from: deepurple, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 23

I have had swollen lymph nodes under left arm, left neck and collarbone for 4 months. Surgeon removed the ones under the left arm and they were benign. I continue to be sick with flu like symptoms all the time. I have fever, sore throat, cough, achiness all over and extreme fatigue. Doctor gave me steroid pills for a week and it was the best 7 days of my 61 years. I had no pain, no swelling, no cough, no sore throat, and most of all, more energy than I have had in 45 years. He couldn't give me more than one week of them due to side effects, I guess. I am heading to see rheumatologist next month. I think this all started with a chronic pain for 2 years somewhere under my left shoulder blade.

Comment from: amythest61, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 05

I have a swollen hard knot right above my collar bone at the base of my neck on the left side. Not especially sore when palpitated. It has been there for about a week. I have a cough with sticky mucus. My lungs are clear. Seems to originate around my vocal cords.

Swollen Lymph Nodes - Causes Question: What caused your swollen lymph nodes?
Swollen Lymph Nodes - Symptoms Question: In addition to swelling, what were the other symptoms of your swollen lymph nodes?
Swollen Lymph Nodes - Complications Question: What complications did you experience with swollen lymph nodes?