Patient Comments: Swollen Lymph Nodes - Diagnosis

Please describe your diagnosis of swollen lymph nodes.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 08

I happened to notice on my left side of my neck was a nodule and suspected I had a swollen lymph node. My doctor ran a CT scan and it came back in fact I had one. He gave me an order to have a biopsy done.

Comment from: DR, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 11

I have had a couple of swollen lymph nodes in my neck just under my jaw for three months now, with no symptoms. Three ultrasounds and a blood test haven't given any clues as to why they are swollen thus far. I am seeing an ear, nose, and throat (ENT) specialist next, hoping that he will have some answers.

Comment from: Gidels, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 29

I have swollen inguinal lymph nodes since my period started two days ago. I usually have severe cramps and pain, but I have never had swollen glands before during my period. I'm not sure if I should see a doctor now or wait to see if it goes away after my period.

Comment from: Karenh, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 29

My 70 year old female friend has had a very swollen leg for many, many years and has been in a lot of pain the whole time. She has just had tests done and they seem to think her swollen leg is due to lymph nodes.

Comment from: mydogzwick, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 21

I have swollen lymph nodes in my neck for about 2-1/2 months. I've had some achiness in the neck, along with some pain in my chest. I've also had night sweats off and on in during this period. My lower back hurts in the morning and it's hard to get up. I don't have any fevers, but I'm tired a lot of the time.

Comment from: maggie1951, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 06

For the past 8 months, I've had swollen glands on the right side of my neck and on the sides by my throat. The throat is usually in the evenings, I wake up every night roasting and sweating, a pretty constant headache starting in mid-day and worse by night. When I pointed this out to two different physicians, they just blew it off. Now I am very tired, sleeping whenever I can and it feels like my temperature is up but unable to take it. The swelling on the right side of my neck is always there but actually gets bigger at times and then returns to the smaller size.

Comment from: LadyHutch, 25-34 Male (Caregiver) Published: July 06

My son has a history of cancer. He has been cancer free for over 20 years. His lymph nodes in his neck are swelled and hard and have been this way for 2 to 3 weeks. He went to the doctor today and blood work was done and an appointment was set up with a surgeon for a biopsy. How concerned should I be? I will tell you now, that I am very concerned.

Comment from: fancyc, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 29

I have 3 swollen lymph nodes on the left side of my hair line on my neck and one on the right side. I saw my doctor he did a chest x-ray and blood-work. Everything came back normal. He gave me Keflex 500mg 4caps for 10 days.

Comment from: rosakate, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 29

The doctor said it was just a lymph node and it was nothing to worry about. On my left arm, in the pit of it is a round area about the size of a quarter quite swollen and somewhat painful. Under my left arm, where I learned there is an Epitrochlear Lymph Node; there is a lot of pain. The doctor had a blood test done for RA; which came back negative. I have a new doctor at the clinic, and this one seems to think it is nothing to worry about also. I wonder about the pain; if there is an infection that needs attention somewhere in my body. I seem to be the only one that cares about it. I would like to know what to do or where to go.

Swollen Lymph Nodes - Causes Question: What caused your swollen lymph nodes?
Swollen Lymph Nodes - Symptoms Question: In addition to swelling, what were the other symptoms of your swollen lymph nodes?
Swollen Lymph Nodes - Complications Question: What complications did you experience with swollen lymph nodes?