Patient Comments: Swollen Lymph Nodes - Diagnosis

Please describe your diagnosis of swollen lymph nodes.

Comment from: ct10, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 16

I had a severe earache which caused swelling inside the ear and the lymph nodes around the ear also swelled making me look like I had the mumps. After 5 days the lymph nodes around my neck also started swelling and moved to the right side causing that ear to also swell inside and out. My forehead looked as if I had a severe sunburn and is now actually peeling as if I did burn. My doctor did a blood test that showed I had rheumatoid arthritis. The only thing she zeroed in on was the rash on my forehead, I wonder how this rash helped her reach this conclusion.

Comment from: Janine, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 08

I showered around 7 pm on Thursday the 3rd of September and noticed a swelling under my right armpit. It hurts if I press on it, and it is like a nagging pain all the way into my breast. I'm kind of worried because I have been itching in both of my arms and only up in the forearm area. I don't have any cuts or bad bruising. I am very concerned. Cancer is in my family on both sides, my mother's and my dad's.

Comment from: Grammi Kathy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 28

I awoke at 5 am with my neck and shoulders hurting really badly. I could not move my right arm away from my body any more than 12 inch. In addition I could not straighten out my right leg. I figured I must have slept wrong. As the day progressed my symptoms grew worse. My entire body hurt and I started running a 101.0 fever. All that happened yesterday. Today my body aches are better, although I still have extreme difficulty raising my right arm and my neck hurts. I now also have what I believe to be a swollen lymph gland located on and around my clavicle, on the left side of my body. It is very painful, any movement causes it to hurt. I have been having problems with several of my teeth (molars on the left side) and several days before all this started I had a terrible tooth ache. Living in a rural area it makes it difficult to get right in to a doctor. I do have several teeth that need to be pulled, but the dentist said let's hold off until we decided whether to have implants placed.

Comment from: misudad11, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 19

I have had swollen lymph nodes in my left side armpit for over a year. Now I have them under the right armpit and they itch a lot. Today I was in the emergency room and I have swollen lymph nodes on the back of my neck which are causing muscle pain in my shoulders.

Comment from: Mary d., 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 03

I have been fighting an infection, sinus, and pneumonia for 3 months. It started with the flu. Now my lymph nodes by my lungs are enlarged. Two doctors said it is because of infection, one is trying to get me to have more tests and see a pulmonary doctor. I do not believe in seeing all these doctors or have these tests.

Comment from: pnut, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 03

I think bacteria has caused my swollen nymph nodes. There are white smelly chunks in the sides of my throat. Sometimes when I swallow it feels like there's something stuck in my throat, that's what made me examine it. I push on it and the white stuff squeezes out, and sometimes it can be a bit painful.

Comment from: Diane, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 23

In May my doctor noticed that lymph nodes in my neck where enlarged. I went back for checkup in November when I was getting over a cold. The doctor said my lymph nodes where still enlarged. He ordered ultra sound which came back with two large lymph nodes on right side of neck and one on left side of neck. The doctor referred me to ENT doctor who wants to do an endoscopy. I wonder why the doctor wouldn't order to have a biopsy instead. The enlarged lymph nodes are in my neck, not my throat.

Swollen Lymph Nodes - Causes Question: What caused your swollen lymph nodes?
Swollen Lymph Nodes - Symptoms Question: In addition to swelling, what were the other symptoms of your swollen lymph nodes?
Swollen Lymph Nodes - Complications Question: What complications did you experience with swollen lymph nodes?