Patient Comments: Swollen Lymph Nodes - Diagnosis

Please describe your diagnosis of swollen lymph nodes.

Comment from: truthtold, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 11

My glands have been swollen since August. I thought it was just allergies and as time went on the season changed so I thought it was a sore throat. But my throat does not hurt. My glands are swollen and it constantly feels like someone is choking me, not to mention it is now starting to hurt.

Comment from: lucile, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 20

I entered the hospital with upper right pain, I thought it was my gall-bladder. After having a sonogram, CT with contrast, MRI, and then a scope, I was told it wasn't my gall-bladder. Doctor said I have an enlarged lymph node. They were going to do a biopsy but said that the location of node was too close to arteries and were afraid I might bleed.

Comment from: mikeg, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 06

I had a severe cut to my finger which required removal of glass and stitches. Several days later I noticed the lymph nodes around my groin area became swollen. I have had fever and some night sweats. Other than being sore I go about my daily life. About 5pm. I will feel feverish. I take some Tylenol and then I seem to be ok. I was diagnosed with CLL a few months go, but white blood count has gone down. I went to my hematologist and he was puzzled. No sore throat or sign of lymph node activity anywhere else. He wants to wait another week of so and just see if the inflammation will go way.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 24

Hello I have had swollen lymph nodes (in my neck) since I had a really bad sore throat and cold in April. It is mid June, and my lymph nodes are still swollen, they constantly ache and cause pain in my teeth. Sometimes they hurt more if I am tired, and less after sleep. It would be a great help if you could give me any ideas of what the problem is, and what I need to do to take care of it. Thank you so much for your help!

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 17

Personally, my lymph node under my right arm pit was related to the fact that I had a breast lump the size of a walnut under the same side of my right breast as the lymph node was discovered. However, the lymph node was puss and blood filled and I had put hot compresses on it which helped until I would be able to get to my oncologists office. My doctor luckily sent me for a breast MRI due to the fact that my mammogram didn't come back with the best results either! I treated it like acne and it actually worked to help relieve the pain and swelling and actually opened it up, let everything inside of it, out! It actually undid itself while was sitting at church and had raised my hand and put it back down, actually had to change my blouse when I got home its the hugest lymph node I ever had in whole life, it was really frightening to have too and painful, it had steadily become more and more painful and itchy as the days progressed!

Comment from: THEBESTAPPRAISER, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

I have axillary swollen lymph nodes under both arms, which are very painful. I have had CT scan and ultra sound. They hurt so much, it feels as if my whole chest and ribcage hurt.

Comment from: steph, 13-18 Male (Caregiver) Published: October 08

My son has several swollen lymph nodes in his neck, jaw, and chest area. The one on his jaw is very large and hard and getting bigger. He had blood work done and an ultrasound. Now we are going in for X-ray and biopsy. I'm very concerned.

Swollen Lymph Nodes - Causes Question: What caused your swollen lymph nodes?
Swollen Lymph Nodes - Symptoms Question: In addition to swelling, what were the other symptoms of your swollen lymph nodes?
Swollen Lymph Nodes - Complications Question: What complications did you experience with swollen lymph nodes?