Patient Comments: Swollen Lymph Nodes - Symptoms

In addition to swelling, what were the other symptoms of your swollen lymph nodes?

Comment from: Flag girl, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 13

My salivary glands can get so painful that I cannot lay down on my sides. This last week, I had an episode where the swelling was such that if I turned a certain way, the nerve in my ear was impacted and sent shooting pains through my ear.

Comment from: sammy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 08

For the past 6 months I have been trying to get my doctor and specialists to find the cause of my swollen lymph nodes. They are large, sometimes tender, painful, difficulty breathing (had to go to the emergency room because I was so swollen I couldn't breathe in April). I am hoarse all the time with a sore throat at times. The swelling is spreading from the front neck nodes to my cervical (hard to tip my head back) to my left groin nodes being swollen which is making my groin hurt and difficult to walk at times. I haven't been rechecked since April although my symptoms recur and I do not have a diagnosis.

Comment from: Car, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 21

I have a swollen lymph node behind ear, it feels tender when I turn my head.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 17

I had a cold for a week and now it has been about 9 days and turned into a headache, visually showing red mark on my forehead, behind ear pain and clogging, and a swelling hard painful neck lymph node. I have congestion sometimes lung pain right in the middle of lungs. My neck is the worst all just on the right side. I do not have a lot of energy, cold/hot easily and my teeth and gums hurt.

Comment from: bre, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 08

For the last six months, I've had aches and pains throughout my body. I have a very high white cell count and have lymph glands the size of golf balls in my neck. Now, during the past month, I've been breaking out in red-dotted sores. I don't know what this could be.

Comment from: dragonfly1298, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 04

I started out with chronic lower back pain. I also have multiple joint and bone pain, am tired, and nauseous. My white blood count has been high for about a year and my red blood count is low. My platelets are high – up to 535. The lymphocytes were high, but are now normal, but my neutrophils are high and I have some lymph glands that are swollen. I don't know what could cause this

Comment from: dcbutter, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: February 18

Swollen lymph gland in right neck and lump in front of ear and a low grade fever, I have been treated with Clindamycin for 4 days without any change. There is no indication of the cause as yet. It's waiting and sees.

Swollen Lymph Nodes - Diagnosis Question: Please describe your diagnosis of swollen lymph nodes.
Swollen Lymph Nodes - Causes Question: What caused your swollen lymph nodes?
Swollen Lymph Nodes - Complications Question: What complications did you experience with swollen lymph nodes?