Patient Comments: Swine Flu - Concerns and Risks

Are you concerned about contracting swine flu? Has it affected your travel plans?

Comment from: Acp, Female (Caregiver) Published: April 30

I know someone who is currently on a cruise to Mexico and the ship told the passengers that they refuse to go to Mexico because of the flu and they turned the boat around and went to the Florida Keys instead! People paid a lot of money to go to Mexico on a boat and instead had to go to Florida! A suggestion to those who are planning to go to Mexico on a cruise please call the ship to see if they are still planning on sailing to Mexico so you can possibly get a refund.

Comment from: yikes, Published: April 30

Over the past week I've had a sinus infection, slight fever and chills (at night), tired, sore throat with swollen glands, and now a "chronic" cough (bronchial). I am in Hawaii, but had a pilot friend and family visit from San Diego 1 1/2 weeks ago, who is also sick now. His family is fine, my family is fine. How do I know if this is/ is not swine flu? There doesn't seem to be any difference in the common flu symptoms and this.

Comment from: Vicspur, 45-54 Female Published: April 30

In 1976 when the first out brake of Swine Flu came out I was in grade school, I was very very sick with very high fevers, and the rest that goes with the swine flu. I was wondering can I get it again?

Comment from: sick Girl, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: April 30

I am sick, my muscles are sore, and my throat is sore, my nose is running, and I am scared. I'm not sure if I have the swine flu, but it is still scary. My mom told me to stay home, and I didn't go to school today. Help, if you know anything else about this swine flu, or the symptoms.

Comment from: cm, Published: April 27

I've been feeling sick, and I have most of the symptoms of the swine flu. I am worried.

Comment from: beachhouse, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 04

I have a severe sore throat and cough. I went to the Doctor yesterday and he prescribed the z pack. I am worse today and I am now throwing up.

Comment from: alibaba, Male Published: April 30

Isn't this so called epidemic nothing more then plain flu and people are overreacting. If this started in Mexico how can it be this wide spread?

Swine Flu - Symptoms and Signs Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience with swine flu?
Swine Flu - Treatment Question: What treatment did you receive for swine flu?