Featured: Swimming Main Article
Swimming is a low-impact form of exercise that's easy on the joints, builds cardiorespiratory fitness and muscle mass, and is an excellent way to maintain fitness during rehabilitation for an injury. The breaststroke, backstroke, butterfly, and freestyle (crawl) are the most popular swim strokes. Swimming is not recommended for children under 4 years of age.
The term "ringworm" or "ringworms" refers to fungal infections that are on the surface of the skin. A physical examination of...learn more »
Swimmer's ear (external otitis) is an infection of the skin that covers the outer ear canal. Causes of swimmer's ear include...learn more »
In This Article
Swimmer's Ear Article
- Swimmer's ear facts
- What is "swimmer's ear" or acute external otitis?
- What are symptoms of swimmer's ear?
- What is chronic swimmer's ear?
- What home remedies treatments help cure swimmer's ear?
- How can swimmer's ear be prevented?
- What is the prognosis for swimmer's ear?
- What about swimmer's ear in children?
- Why do ears itch?
- What should I do if I get a foreign object or insect in my ear?
In This Article
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Article
- Rheumatoid arthritis facts
- What is rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?
- Rheumatoid arthritis vs. osteoarthritis
- What are rheumatoid arthritis causes and risk factors?
- What are complications of rheumatoid arthritis?
- What are rheumatoid arthritis symptoms and signs?
- How do physicians diagnose rheumatoid arthritis?
- What are the stages of rheumatoid arthritis?
- What is the treatment for rheumatoid arthritis? What types of medications treat RA?
- "First-line" rheumatoid arthritis medications
- "Second-line" or "slow-acting" rheumatoid arthritis drugs (disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs or DMARDs)
- What are newer rheumatoid arthritis treatments?
- Rheumatoid arthritis diet, exercise, home remedies, and alternative medicine
- What about rheumatoid arthritis and pregnancy?
- What is the prognosis for patients with rheumatoid arthritis?
- What are tips for living with rheumatoid arthritis?
- Is it possible to prevent rheumatoid arthritis?
- What specialists treat rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?
- What new information about RA has come from the 2015 national meeting of the American College of Rheumatology?
- What research is being done on rheumatoid arthritis?
- Where can people get additional information on rheumatoid arthritis?
Athlete's foot (tinea pedis) is a skin infection caused by the ringworm fungus. Symptoms include itching, burning, cracking,...learn more »