Patient Comments: Swallowing - Cause

What was the cause of your swallowing problems?

Comment from: Kazza69, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 04

I just searched on YouTube how to fix (most) costochondritis and Tietze's syndrome. There is a part 1 and part 2. I've had costochondritis for 5 years and am now pain free thanks to this guy, it is standard practice in New Zealand and seems to be a mystery condition elsewhere. I purchased the Backpod and have been amazed at the results. It has worked for me so just want to tell as many people as possible who have this awful, painful condition. Hope this helps.

Comment from: Difficulty swallowin, 75 or over Male (Caregiver) Published: October 01

My dad has difficulty swallowing and they say it is cancer. I'm having a hard time with it. I'm so sad for him, he's been through misery and I'm tired of seeing him suffer.

Comment from: KristyF, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 25

I have swallowing problems. I have self-determined it is acid reflux caused by coffee drinking.

Comment from: bprina, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: May 25

I'm glad I found this forum because my doctor said I had sprained my tailbone as the x-ray revealed no fracture. He said I would get better in three weeks. Like most of you, it hurt to walk and I had to use my arms to press on my thighs to get up. My buttock cheeks hurt every day. However, I am getting a bit better. After week one, I saw a chiropractor and have been seeing him 2 or 3 times a week. He has suggested a CT scan for a better perspective. I am 25 percent better after 3 weeks, but the nights are hardest. The chiropractor uses a massage machine on my buttock cheeks and that helps a little. I'm taking supplements and sitting on sheep's skin. Fleece works well also. I would say, get an x-ray and see a reputable chiropractor to prevent scar tissue formation. We all have to just hang in there and be really careful from now on.

Comment from: Christy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 21

I believe my swallowing problems are from the use of albuterol for my asthma. It's been going on for about 4 months. I need to find a doctor to look into it. The endoscope saw nothing.

Comment from: Deepwater, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: August 19

I have had bad enough swallowing problems where food was sticking even in my voice box... only able to make squeaking noises and gasping for air. Finally I got three upper endoscopies which enlarged my esophagus and solved the problem.

Comment from: tallfunnygirl, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 28

Lately when eating (not always, but intermittently), I seem to choke on my food. I am not taking large bites or trying to swallow without chewing. It has happened often enough that it has me concerned. It's embarrassing. I've also noticed and have been monitoring my BP as my diastolic has been running in the 50s lately which is highly abnormal given that I've been hypertensive for years. I have episodes of syncope and have spent a week in the cardiac unit with no significant results. I wonder of all this could be related.

Comment from: Ernie J, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: October 08

My swallowing problems started after lung surgery. The breathing tube was left in for a full 24 hours. I woke up several times and asked (in writing) that it be removed. The next morning, it was removed and I have been experiencing difficulty in swallowing ever since.

Dysphagia - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with dysphagia (difficulty swallowing).
Dysphagia - Symptoms Question: Besides difficulty in swallowing, what other symptoms did you experience with dysphagia?
Dysphagia - Treatment Question: What forms of treatment did you receive for dysphagia (difficulty swallowing)? Did you require a feeding tube?