Patient Comments: Swallowing - Cause

What was the cause of your swallowing problems?

Comment from: Gramma, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 21

I have thick sinus drainage due to allergies. They get stuck in my throat and I am constantly trying to cough and clear it. The voice therapist is suggesting a test for swallowing difficulties. I have a history of difficulty swallowing pills.

Comment from: n.melor, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: March 11

As a previous polio sufferer I have been wheel-chair bound for 60 yrs. Sometimes, esp. at bedtime, when I swallow, saliva goes down the wrong way and I suffer a coughing fit which lasts for hours.

Comment from: eldora, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 16

After my hiatal hernia surgery I began to have liquids and now I trouble swallowing please inform.

Dysphagia - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with dysphagia (difficulty swallowing).
Dysphagia - Symptoms Question: Besides difficulty in swallowing, what other symptoms did you experience with dysphagia?
Dysphagia - Treatment Question: What forms of treatment did you receive for dysphagia (difficulty swallowing)? Did you require a feeding tube?