Patient Comments: Dysphagia - Symptoms

Besides difficulty in swallowing, what other symptoms did you experience with dysphagia?

Comment from: MJ, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 26

I have noticed over the past two years, that sometimes when I am eating and I swallow, it feels like it is caught in my throat. I stop, totally empty my mouth, and relax my throat as much as I can. I take sips of liquid, even though it is painful to go down, and if I do swallow it feels like my throat is closing up and is tight. Finally, after a minute or so it stops. Then I can eat normally. For the past 10 years I have taken Excedrin every day, which does contain aspirin.

Swallowing - Cause Question: What was the cause of your swallowing problems?
Dysphagia - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with dysphagia (difficulty swallowing).
Dysphagia - Treatment Question: What forms of treatment did you receive for dysphagia (difficulty swallowing)? Did you require a feeding tube?