Patient Comments: Sun-Sensitive Drugs - Treatment

What types of treatment, including other medications, did you receive after experiencing a sun-sensitive drug reaction?

Comment from: maryalice0106, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

I have just been to the doctor for a skin reaction, looks like overall sunburn of face and neck. I had been using Benadryl oral and cream, which I just saw on photo sensitive list. I've also been taking lisinopril HCTZ (hydrochlorothiazide), which according to my doctor makes one photosensitive. Now my doctor says I need Metrocream (metronidazole) which doesn't seem to help at all and of course I paid a fortune for it. I am at my wits' end.

Sun-Sensitive Drugs - Phototoxic Drugs Question: If you had a sun-sensitive reaction to a drug, what was the medication? What were your symptoms?
Sun-Sensitive Drugs - Symptoms Question: Describe your reaction or symptoms to a sun-sensitive medication. When did symptoms appear?
Sun-Sensitive Drugs - Foods and Plants Question: Do certain vegetables, fruits, or plants cause you to have a photosensitivity reaction? Please share your experience.