Sulindac (Clinoril) is a nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drug (NSAID) used for the treatment of pain, fever, swelling, inflammation, and tenderness in the joints caused by rheumatoid arthritis, tendinitis, bursitis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, osteoarthritis. Side effects, warnings and precautions, drug interactions, and safety during pregnancy should be reviewed prior to taking this medication.
- diflunisal, Dolobid
- indomethacin, Indocin, Indocin-SR (Discontinued Brand in U.S.)
- etodolac, Lodine (Discontinued)
- ibuprofen (Advil, Children's Advil/Motrin, Medipren, Motrin, Nuprin, PediaCare Fever, and others)
Ankle pain is commonly due to a sprain or tendinitis. The severity of ankle sprains ranges from mild (which can resolve within...learn more »
In This Article
Ankle Pain Article
- Ankle pain and ankle tendinitis facts
- How is the ankle designed, and what is the ankle's function?
- What causes ankle pain and ankle tendinitis?
- What injuries can cause ankle pain,
and how are they treated?
- What diseases and conditions can cause ankle pain, and how are they treated?
- What are associated symptoms and signs of ankle pain and ankle tendinitis?
- How are ankle pain and ankle tendinitis diagnosed?
- What is the prognosis for ankle pain and ankle tendinitis?
- Is it possible to prevent ankle pain and ankle tendinitis?
In This Article
Ankylosing Spondylitis Article
- Ankylosing spondylitis facts
- What is ankylosing spondylitis?
- What causes ankylosing spondylitis?
- What are ankylosing spondylitis
symptoms and signs?
- How is ankylosing spondylitis diagnosed?
- What are ankylosing spondylitis treatment options?
- Is it possible to prevent ankylosing spondylitis?
- What is the prognosis (outlook) for patients with ankylosing spondylitis?
- What is in the future for patients with ankylosing
- Where can people find more information about ankylosing spondylitis and learn about support groups?
Bursitis of the hip results when the fluid-filled sac (bursa) near the hip becomes inflamed due to localized soft tissue trauma...learn more »
Bursitis of the knee results when any of the three fluid-filled sacs (bursae) become inflamed due to injury or strain. Symptoms...learn more »
Shoulder bursitis is inflammation of the shoulder bursa. Bursitis may be caused by injury, infection, or a rheumatic condition....learn more »