sulfur/alcohol - topical, Liquimat
GENERIC NAME: SULFUR/ALCOHOL - TOPICAL (SULL-fur/AL-kuh-hall)
BRAND NAME(S): Liquimat
USES: This product is used to cover up and treat acne. It helps to decrease the number of acne pimples. It contains sulfur, a drug that is thought to work by stopping the growth of bacteria that cause acne and helping the top layer of skin to shed (keratolysis).
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 4/16/2014
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Back to Medications Index
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions