sulfisoxazole with phenazopyridine-oral, Azo-Gantrisin
GENERIC NAME: SULFISOXAZOLE WITH PHENAZOPYRIDINE - ORAL (sull-fih-SOX-uh-zole WITH fen-aze-oh-PEER-ih-deen)
BRAND NAME(S): Azo-Gantrisin
USES: This combination of medication is used to treat infections of the urinary tract (kidney, bladder). Sulfisoxazole is a sulfa type antibiotic effective in treating a wide variety of infections. Phenazopyridine relieves the pain associated with urinary tract infections.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Back to Medications Index
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions