Patient Comments: Subconjunctival Hemorrhage - Cause

What was the cause of your subconjunctival hemorrhage?

Comment from: Martha, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 15

I have recurring uveitis. Every time I get the steroid injection, I get a burst blood vessel in that eye. My problem is that I can't use the prednisolone drops until two days after the burst blood vessel; as the drops feel like I just put soil in my eye.

Comment from: Dagvb, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 06

I had a hard workout with heavy lifting and cardio intervals with a trainer and woke up with a subconjunctival hemorrhage.

Comment from: DEN, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 27

I am not sure what caused my subconjunctival hemorrhage but I had bad hay fever and took an antihistamine in the afternoon. I also had a massage meaning I was lying on my stomach for quite a while. I have had this hemorrhage a few times before. It also seems to happen if my eyes get dry, which happens easily when hay fever season starts.

Comment from: blablaboo, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: September 17

Vomitting from sickness was the cause of my subconjunctival hemorrhage. The next morning my left eye showed redness, and it grew into a larger size throughout the day.

Comment from: tomass4891, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: March 22

My mother woke up this morning with hemorrhaging. She did not cough or vomit. I researched this and nothing indicates she would have a blown eye blood vessel. Any ideas?

Comment from: 7-12 Male (Caregiver) Published: November 15

My 8 year old had this occur after vomiting several times during the night. It was not until about a day later we noticed the blood - and it progressively got more obvious and also occurred on the other side. Never had occurred with previous vomiting. Doctor said not to worry about it - no treatment required.

Subconjunctival Hemorrhage - Treatments Question: What treatment did you receive for your subconjunctival hemorrhage?
Subconjunctival Hemorrhage - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your subconjunctival hemorrhage?