Patient Comments: Sty (Stye) - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with sty (stye).

Comment from: mdbrown3, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 13

I too have been dealing with styes. I first experienced a stye when I was 14, almost 25 years ago. The doctor eventually lanced the stye. Now, I just had one about 3 weeks ago and it went away in about a week and a half. Now, it is back and larger than before, however, I don't have any pain with it, it is more of cosmetic problem for me because of the sight of it. I am wondering if it is chalazion instead of a stye this time. However, this stye did appear after some severe stress issues.

Published: July 29

I woke up this morning with a pain in the corner of my left eye. It hurts to move my eye up or down or to the sides. I didn't know styes could be caused by stress and lately I have been under a lot of stress.

Sty - Home Remedy Question: Did you try a home remedy that helped treat your sty?
Sty - Treatment Question: Did you try a treatment for sty that helped?
Sty - Prevention Question: Do you do anything special to prevent a sty?
Sty - Diagnosis Question: Were you ever diagnosed with a sty?
Sty (Stye) - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with sty (stye).
Sty (Stye) - Causes Question: What were the causes of your sty?
Sty (Stye) - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you have when you were suffering from a sty?