Patient Comments: Stress - Effect on Health

Do you have a physical or psychological condition that is made worse by stress? Please share your story.

Comment from: elf, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 13

My daughter was born with congenital heart disease (CHD), Fallot's. She had her first major bypass at 7. It would seem that this did it for me, and this was when my first panic attack started. I was put on anti-depressants to stop them, and it did stop them. I am still getting the tightening of the throat muscle wen anxious, tightening and spasms in my back and muscle under my chest, it is awful. It's as if doctors can't find something to relax me.

Stress - Physical Symptoms Question: Symptoms of stress can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your physical symptoms?
Stress - Management Question: What stress management techniques have worked for you?
Stress - Teen Symptoms Question: If you're under 20, what makes you stressed out? How do you deal with your symptoms?