Patient Comments: Strep Throat - Diagnosis

How was your case of strep throat diagnosed?

Comment from: Auser, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: October 10

1) Went to the doctor and got a test by putting a swab on my throat. 2) Test Results were found and I took medicine. 3) It started to get better.

Comment from: Christy, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 10

As a child, I would get a lot of strep throat, even through my adult years. When I was 30 (I'm now 35), I developed strep again, but this time around it was the most aggressive strep I've ever had. It started on a Monday. I was given medicine and by Thursday the pain was worse and my tonsils swelled so bad that it restricted my airway. I was rushed to the emergency room with a 105-degree fever and a rash all over my body. The ER doctor said my tonsils were the biggest tonsils he's ever seen. I had them removed that evening. Knock on wood, it's been five years since I've had strep.

Comment from: Gillian, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 10

I became aware on Sunday evening of a headache I had not experienced before, very painful. Went to bed but was unable to sleep well. The next day I awoke with fever and vomiting. Spent most of the day on sofa feeling very ill. Tuesday my husband drove me to our doctor surgery where bloods were taken and antibiotics, painkillers were prescribed. I spent days sleeping on and off, body aching, fever, night sweats, very difficult few days. Thursday my doctor phoned and confirmed strep throat. It's now Sunday a week later I am beginning to feel better, I get fatigued at times but not lying down as much. This has been a very difficult week for me as I am a working mum of two teenagers who is very active and very rarely sits down. Good luck to you if you're reading this and you have strep throat, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Strep Throat - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with strep throat.
Strep Throat - Symptoms Question: Please describe the symptoms you experienced with strep throat.
Strep Throat - Contagious Question: Did you catch strep throat from someone else? Did you give strep throat to someone?
Strep Throat - Treatments Question: What home remedies soothed your strep throat symptoms and what antibiotics were prescribed for your case of strep throat?
Strep Throat - Complications Question: Please describe your experience with complications of strep throat.