Patient Comments: Strep Throat - Contagious

Did you catch strep throat from someone else? Did you give strep throat to someone?

Comment from: Bluecrayon, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 14

I work at a daycare, had a child in my class whose sister had strep. Three days later I woke up with a sore throat. I had swollen glands and white spots in the back of my throat. I called for a doctor's appointment, there wasn't anything available for the next 3 days so I went to an urgent care center. Sure enough the strep test came back positive. They caught it early. I've been on antibiotics for 24 hours. I currently have a sore throat that's painful to swallow, killer headache and body aches.

Strep Throat - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with strep throat.
Strep Throat - Symptoms Question: Please describe the symptoms you experienced with strep throat.
Strep Throat - Treatments Question: What home remedies soothed your strep throat symptoms and what antibiotics were prescribed for your case of strep throat?
Strep Throat - Complications Question: Please describe your experience with complications of strep throat.
Strep Throat - Diagnosis Question: How was your case of strep throat diagnosed?