Patient Comments: Stool Color Changes - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with changes in stool color, texture, or consistency?

Comment from: Nasir, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: November 06

I was in a very severe diet, then I start to feel dehydration although I was drinking a lot of water daily. My stool became a very dark red color, there was always a sweet taste in my mouth and my stomach became very sensitive.

Comment from: nae, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 18

My 2-year-old's stool is bright green, watery, and has a very foul odor, with bright red blood.

Comment from: Margaret, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: October 18

I have had green-colored stools for about a month or more. I'm not sure why. I don't have any pain or any other problems.

Stool Color Changes - Color and Experience Question: What color, texture, or smell; is or was your stool when it changed? Please share your experience.
Stool Color Changes - Contacting a Doctor Question: What prompted you to contact a doctor about changes in stool changes?
Stool Color Changes - Causes and Diagnosis Question: What was the cause of your stool to change (in color, texture, odor, etc.); and how was the diagnosis of the cause made?
Stool Color Changes - Chart of Colors and Causes Question: What was the cause of your stool color to change?