Patient Comments: Stomach Cancer - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with stomach cancer.

Comment from: Patti, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

I have severe Barrettes, of the esophagus and stomach I have gone by ambulance several times, after dry heaves, because I cannot vomit (had a fundoplication) 3 years ago. It does suffocate me when this happens. I have to take medication of Phenergan, and a Phenergan suppository and it still does not stop.

Comment from: Texas, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

I have recently been diagnosed with stomach cancer I was told that I would need to have my entire stomach removed how do you cope with this type of news. I am 41 and scarred please if there are any encouraging words from some survivors out there that can help me cope and maybe just chat with please reply.

Comment from: a.arrick, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 23

My experience with stomach cancer was very painful. Actually, my father had it and unfortunately he was not a survivor from it. It took his life. It happened so fast, but I'm just writing to let people with stomach cancer lift there heads and rejoice because life is tooo short. Live your life, love your life and always have faith

Comment from: kobeno, 25-34 (Patient) Published: October 13

I had stage 3 stomach cancer. I had 80 percent of my stomach removed and 90 days of continuous chemo (before and after surgery). I'm doing great now. I lost about 50 pounds. I cannot live without my PH balance tablets which helps me digest food.

Stomach Cancer - Symptoms Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience with stomach cancer?
Stomach Cancer - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment, surgery, radiation, or therapy did you receive for stomach cancer?
Stomach Cancer - Surgery Question: Please describe your experience with surgery for stomach cancer.
Stomach Cancer - Diet and Nutrition Question: What kinds of changes have you made to your diet following your stomach cancer diagnosis?