Patient Comments: Stomach Cancer - Symptoms

What symptoms and signs did you experience with stomach cancer?

Comment from: VVVIPER, 55-64 (Caregiver) Published: December 31

Last few years I have been getting severe cramps in every part of my body; hands, biceps, upper and lower legs, neck, shoulder blades, feet, butt cheeks. I have been reading every cause from dehydration, liver problems, cholesterol, drugs, etc. I do take Ezetrol for cholesterol issues.

Comment from: sister, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 17

My brother passed away Jan 8th, 2011. He was diagnosed with stomach cancer on December 10th, 2010 just a week after his 56th birthday. He had been having issues with severe indigestion and had a hard time eating things. When he ate things would burn instantly. They had given him medicine for acid reflex and then treated him for an ulcer. I told him he needed to get a scope done which he did, but he was already at stage four cancer. I watched my brother rapidly go downhill and had him taken to the hospital 3 times. We finally called in hospice and brought him to my home by ambulance and he passed the same day. He was having problems for at least two months prior to the scope. Maybe if he had the scope done sooner he would have had a better chance of getting better. This cancer once at stage four went very fast. I lost my mother and now by brother to this terrible disease.

Comment from: daughter-argie, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: March 11

My father had stomach cancer, it grew without any noticeable symptoms, except when the tumor went metastatic and developed bone cancer. Before that, he felt very cold in the feet and the doctors first diagnosed some kind of diabetes. Of course, it was wrong. He was finally diagnosed with stomach cancer 45 days before he passed away.

Comment from: Christina, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 24

I was in my last trimester of pregnancy and started having problems with acid reflux and not keeping food down. I was losing weight and my body was starting to shut down. My baby had to be delivered 5 weeks early so the Doctors could figure out what was going on. It took 3 endoscopy's for the cancer to be found. When my son was 14 days old I underwent surgery to have almost half of my stomach removed, my whole pyloris and part of my pancreas.

Stomach Cancer - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with stomach cancer.
Stomach Cancer - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment, surgery, radiation, or therapy did you receive for stomach cancer?
Stomach Cancer - Surgery Question: Please describe your experience with surgery for stomach cancer.
Stomach Cancer - Diet and Nutrition Question: What kinds of changes have you made to your diet following your stomach cancer diagnosis?