Patient Comments: Still's Disease - Treatment

What was the treatment for your still's disease?

Comment from: TheJellybean212, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 29

Last year, I came down with a severe sickness, that my doctor thought was pneumonia. It lasted around 5 weeks, and I finally went back. After being admitted, they thought it was lupus. After that, I was seen by a rheumatologist and told I had adult onset still's disease. I've had surgery to repair my left wrist, and I am kept on meloxicam for relief of the arthritis.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 10

I was diagnosed with Still's Disease in January 2012. I was a full-time college student at the time. I got very ill one day, and thought I was catching the flu. It persisted for too long so I finally went to the hospital after about two weeks of suffering. I went to one hospital they gave me medications for fever and pain – and discharged me! They said they thought I had lupus and too see a rheumatologist. I went home and the very next day got so sick I thought I was dying. Finally I called my sister and her and my mom came and got me and took me to another hospital. The doctors there admitted me immediately and after 11 days of intense studies and tests I was diagnosed with Still's Disease and put on Prednisone and anti-itch medications. Today I feel great. I'm so thankful for my doctors at OU Medical Center they saved my life! Thank You!

Comment from: mishy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 15

When it first started I was treated with aspirin which worked well for many years to control the flares. Asprin stopped working so well and I have been treated with other nonprescription anti-inflammatory (which have not worked well at all) and some prescription ones too. Sometimes I have been treated with steroids.

Still's Disease - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with your Still's disease?