In this Article
Some people who take stevia or a component of stevia called stevioside can experience bloating or nausea. Other people have reported feelings of dizziness, muscle pain, and numbness.
Stevia might cause an allergic reaction in people who are sensitive to the Asteraceae/Compositae family of plants including ragweed, chrysanthemums, marigolds, daisies, and many other plants.
Do not take stevia if:
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions