Patient Comments: Staph Infection - Experience

What did your staph infection look like?

Comment from: mira, 0-2 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 03

My baby girl 1 year old has this bacteria on the throat and is resistant to lots of antibiotics, I am so worried about this, I found only one drug for her I'm giving it to her, but I hope she will be all right.

Comment from: sexybabe, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 05

Mine has been off and on for 10 years now. These boils and I noticed a crawling, itching also shock like sensation all over my body. I have for a test and ask to be back in 48 hours. Later I was diagnosed of Staphylococcus specie and prescribed Maxpan and Ceffossin injection which I have taken to no avail.

Comment from: Rocky, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 03

My staph infection showed up in a hip replacement wound and then traveled to both feet. The doctor is not going to replace my hip until he is sure all the staph has disappeared. They keep a close eye on the hip would to make sure it hasn't reoccurred. The ones on both feet have scabbed over, which is great news but was told the wounds on my feet will take a long time to totally disappear. I spent many months in the hospital and in rehab.

Comment from: effie, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: August 03

My husband had a ruptured hernia about two months ago and had to get emergency surgery. Two weeks after the surgery he developed severe infection and was readmitted to the hospital. He was told that his body might be rejecting a mesh used in the surgery but after checking the records the doctor confirmed that no mesh was used. After three sets of antibiotics a culture was taken and he was told he had staph. He is now taking Clindamycin for seven days. Hopefully this will help.

Comment from: Shay, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 27

I first got staph a couple of years ago located under my arm. I am a nurse in a nursing home so I know I am susceptible to getting these things however I am usually very precautious but have now had it 3 times since. The next time I got it was in my ear. I immediately new the first time what it was just because of the way my body felt and the fatigue was probably the worst part. I just recovered a few months ago from having this in my ear and now have it again in both ears and all over my scalp. I seem to always catch this and diagnose myself before my Dr. does.

Comment from: joey, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 22

Approximately 50 staph infection blisters, mainly on my abdomen, thighs and arms. This wasn't correctly diagnosed for 25 days. Also a very severe sore throat and a constant cough over the last week.

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 02

My first staph infection outbreak was on my arm, looking like a spider bite. Treated by my doctor with antibiotics and an ointment. Weeks later, another sore arose under my arm. I went to the after hours clinic and they treated me with antibiotics and inserted a drain. It took several visits for care and to change the drain. Several month later another sore showed up under my chin. My doctor is treating it with antibiotics. In all cases, the sores were protruding, filled with puss and painful. I don't understand why I have reoccurances; my home is clean and hygene is also. I work in a funeral home and my doctor said I got it there.

Comment from: Sunday James, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: February 24

The test reveals heavy growth of staph after 24 hours of incubation, the specimen used is my urine. The test also shows that the staph will be resistant to other antibiotic except ciprofloxacin, and since I started the medication I have been having a fever.

Staph Infection - Length Symptoms Lasted Question: How long did the symptoms of your staph infection (staphylococcus aureus) last?
Staph Infection - Antibiotic Resistant Question: Were you, a friend, or relative diagnosed with MRSA? Please describe your experience with antibiotic resistant Staph aureus.