Patient Comments: Staph Infection - Length Symptoms Lasted

How long did the symptoms of your staph infection (staphylococcus aureus) last?

Comment from: Colleen, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 06

I contracted MRSA when I had ankle surgery. That was 2 years ago. Since then I have had MRSA pneumonia. I have constant sinus problems, severe hoarseness, sore throat, cough and congestion. I am fine if I'm on antibiotics, and prednisone. Otherwise I fight symptoms constantly.

Comment from: MaryS, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 24

I developed a staph infection in my brain and spinal fluid after a cervical disc surgery. I was in the hospital for about 30 days. I had mental problems like hallucinations and severe mental confusion. I had very high blood pressure and at one point almost died. It really was terrible for me. I was sent home with a Hickman line and received antibiotics for another 8 weeks.

Comment from: tkd, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: July 14

I have been dealing with staph infection for years. The only antibiotic I used that worked was cephalexin 500mg, 4 times a day. Also as a spot treatment I use manuka honey which works really good. It brings the bump to a head and reduces it quickly. I have used many methods; right now I drink a mixture of apple cider vinegar, garlic and manuka honey to fight infections in my body so we will see if it works. I also take vitamin C daily to boost immune system. Don't let this virus ruin your life I know it's tough but doing research and given time these methods may work for you... fight on!

Comment from: ladyj, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

I started getting a staph infection in my inner thigh back in the summer. I self-treated that one, which looked like a boil with a core. It eventually healed up, but just recently two appeared in the same area. This time I went to my doctor, who put me on an antibiotic and also Lamisil. She put me on the Lamisil because she said the antibiotic would cause the rash I also have, not heal. I thought it kind of funny that I'm using a jock itch medicine, but after three days I can really tell a difference. The knots have gone down significantly and the rash isn't itching. I don't think you can treat this yourself, you can't.

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

I currently have a staph infection on my face, both on the right and the left. I am just 21 years of age and I feel as if I have had this infection forever, even though it has been only 6 months. When I first starting showing signs of this infection, I thought it was just acne, but then the bumps became more painful and bigger. I finally went to the Doctor and he prescribed antibiotics (cephalixin) to treat the infection. I have only been on it for a week and it seems to be working. I just hope my face isn't permanently scarred.

Comment from: jessica, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 02

I got staph infection in the bone. I tried many drugs, finally Augmentin took fever and infection away.

Comment from: the cure for staph, Male (Caregiver) Published: May 12

I researched some stuff and I believe garlic is the key for staph infection. I have what is called staph infection, and it's been about two weeks. I will definitely try this method and keep you posted.

Comment from: Diana, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 09

I had staph infection twice once when I was 19 on my breast and if started like a if it was a zit didn't pay much attention to it until it got big and along with that I had a fever and once gone to the dr I got it taken care of I thought then last November I got it again on the same breast and since I had just return from a trip from a third world country. I thought it was just a mosquito bite but a couple of days later it grew to about half of my breast and it came back along with high fevers so I went to the ER and I got antibiotics but because of the size of it I had to have a small surgery to get rid of it, it was a long process of over a month to get healed and now any bump that I have in that same area i get it checked out to make sure is not that because staph is so painful, and been so young I feel like its hard to deal with this type of virus!

Staph Infection - Experience Question: What did your staph infection look like?
Staph Infection - Antibiotic Resistant Question: Were you, a friend, or relative diagnosed with MRSA? Please describe your experience with antibiotic resistant Staph aureus.