Patient Comments: Staph Infection - Length Symptoms Lasted

How long did the symptoms of your staph infection (staphylococcus aureus) last?

Comment from: the cure for staph, Male (Caregiver) Published: May 12

I researched some stuff and I believe garlic is the key for staph infection. I have what is called staph infection, and it's been about two weeks. I will definitely try this method and keep you posted.

Comment from: ladyj, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

I started getting a staph infection in my inner thigh back in the summer. I self-treated that one, which looked like a boil with a core. It eventually healed up, but just recently two appeared in the same area. This time I went to my doctor, who put me on an antibiotic and also Lamisil. She put me on the Lamisil because she said the antibiotic would cause the rash I also have, not heal. I thought it kind of funny that I'm using a jock itch medicine, but after three days I can really tell a difference. The knots have gone down significantly and the rash isn't itching. I don't think you can treat this yourself, you can't.

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

I currently have a staph infection on my face, both on the right and the left. I am just 21 years of age and I feel as if I have had this infection forever, even though it has been only 6 months. When I first starting showing signs of this infection, I thought it was just acne, but then the bumps became more painful and bigger. I finally went to the Doctor and he prescribed antibiotics (cephalixin) to treat the infection. I have only been on it for a week and it seems to be working. I just hope my face isn't permanently scarred.

Comment from: Diana, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 09

I had staph infection twice once when I was 19 on my breast and if started like a if it was a zit didn't pay much attention to it until it got big and along with that I had a fever and once gone to the dr I got it taken care of I thought then last November I got it again on the same breast and since I had just return from a trip from a third world country. I thought it was just a mosquito bite but a couple of days later it grew to about half of my breast and it came back along with high fevers so I went to the ER and I got antibiotics but because of the size of it I had to have a small surgery to get rid of it, it was a long process of over a month to get healed and now any bump that I have in that same area i get it checked out to make sure is not that because staph is so painful, and been so young I feel like its hard to deal with this type of virus!

Comment from: Penny, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 15

For the past 10 years, I have endured a staph infection. It got so bad that I experienced painful pus-filled boils daily. They are in my armpits and thighs. It caused me to lose my job due to the amount of sick days I took. I have not been intimate with my partner for years. It's ruining my life. All the doctor does is prescribe antibiotics that don't work. I am only 28.

Published: July 09

My symptoms lasted several months before physician knew what it was. We tried antibiotic after antibiotic and nothing helped. I had several painful boils come up on my right and left that had to be drained. Which was very painful. I also had a boil appear on the back of my right ankle. It was so painful that I could not walk. I was on some serious paid killers and my physician finally admitted me to the hospital. I was given IV antibiotics and potassium along with the paid medication that I was on. I guess that I was one of the lucky ones that it didn't affect to seriously. However, since my illness, my life has not been the same. I am prone to being more tired and my muscles and bones will ache for no special reason. My advice to anyone who thinks they may have this disease to seek treatment immediately! MY advise to anyone who thinks they may have this disease to seek treatment immediately!!!!!!!!!

Published: July 09

My boyfriend, who is 22, got his first infection when he was 21 on his right knee. It got so bad that he had to be rushed to the hospital. Then a month later he got his second one on his lower leg. He was told to wash or change his sheets every day or it could carry. A week later I ended up with Staff on my lower back. Couldn't it be transferred from towels and anything else staff touched?

Staph Infection - Experience Question: What did your staph infection look like?
Staph Infection - Antibiotic Resistant Question: Were you, a friend, or relative diagnosed with MRSA? Please describe your experience with antibiotic resistant Staph aureus.