Patient Comments: Sprained Ankle - Treatments

What kinds of treatment were effective in healing your strain or sprain?

Comment from: HOG HEAD, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 01

I have experience years of on and off again severe pain on my left ankle. Due to immobility when painful, I usually apply ice and elevate the leg. This has bother me over time due to there are days where I have minimum or no pain and other days I am rendered helpless to the point movement is achieve with crutches.

Sprains and Strains - Causes Question: How did you get your sprain or strain?
Sprains and Strains - Symptoms Question: Besides pain, what were the symptoms associated with your sprain or strain injury?