Patient Comments: Spondylolisthesis - Causes

What was the cause of your spondylolisthesis?

Comment from: jane, 7-12 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 20

My daughter who is 8 years has just been diagnosed with spondylolisthesis. The doctor believes she has had the condition since birth. The doctor had advised us to trial physio and analgesia. Some days she wakes up crying and can barely walk other days more mild symptoms.

Comment from: jonny c, Male (Patient) Published: May 23

I have had lower back pain for the past 19 years or so. I am in the military and just assumed that lower back pain is the standard price paid for the line of work I do. In the past 6 months the pain has worsened to the point that I have numbness in my lower back and legs. Last week my physical therapist took several x-rays of my lower back. I have spnondylolithesis potentially of both the degenerative and traumatic types. I now have arthritic issues (growths) and a cracked vertebrate as well. My pain is increasingly getting worse to point where everything I do to include sleeping is being affected. I am so tired of living with the amount of pain I must endure daily. I don't do too good with standard prescription pain medications so I am wondering if I should push my orthopedic surgeon to perform surgery (spinal fusion).

Spondylolisthesis - Effective Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your spondylolisthesis?
Spondylolisthesis - Symptoms Question: What symptoms do you experience with your spondylolisthesis?