Special Diets & Recipes Index
Featured: Special Diets & Recipes Main Article
Diets are simply a compilation of all the food, beverages and dietary supplements we consume to provide our bodies with the nutrients needed for good health. Diets are modified for numerous reasons including; if an individual cannot tolerate a substance (lactose intolerance, allergies), disease management requires more or less of a specific nutrient (diabetic diet), or a lifestyle choice (vegetarian).
Colon cancer is a malignancy that arises from the inner lining of the colon. Most, if not all, of these cancers develop from...learn more »
In This Article
Colon Cancer Article
- Colon cancer facts
- What is cancer?
- What is cancer of the colon and rectum?
- What are the causes of colon cancer?
- What are the symptoms of colon cancer?
- What tests can be done to detect colon cancer?
- How can colon cancer be prevented?
- What are the treatments and survival for colon cancer?
- What is the follow-up care for colon cancer?
- What does the future hold for patients with colorectal cancer?
Menopause is the time in a woman's life when menstrual periods permanently stop, also called the "change of life." Menopause...learn more »
Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease occurs due to the accumulation of abnormal amounts of fat within the liver. Fatty liver most...learn more »
In This Article
Fatty Liver Article
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver facts
- What is fatty liver disease?
- What causes nonalcoholic fatty liver disease?
- What are the signs and symptoms of fatty liver?
- How is nonalcoholic fatty liver disease diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for nonalcoholic fatty liver disease?
- Fatty liver and diet
- Fatty liver, weight loss, and exercise
- Medications and other treatment options
- Bariatric surgery
- Liver transplantation
- What is the relationship between nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and cardiovascular disease?
- What diseases are associated with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease?
- What are the complications of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease?
- Does nonalcoholic fatty liver disease occur in children?
- glucose (Insta-Glucose, Dex4, Enfamil Glucose, Glutol, Glutose and many others)
- Amaryl (glimepiride)
- Bile Acid Sequestrants
- fenofibrate (Antara, Fenoglide, Fibricor, Lipofen, Lofibra, Tricor, Triglide, Trilipix)